The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Help needed about Math please

I just had a look at many discussion forums and heard that the Mathematical modules in Lancaster are very difficult in terms of examination. To be honest, I just got an offer for Economics and Mathematics. However, after I did a big research about each module especially in the first year, I was stunned by the complicated and difficult questions in the examination.

If you guys don't mind, could I ask some questions about the study here ?

1. I noticed that there are many Calculus & Integral problems that have a lot of stunning formulas when dealt with Trigonometry, e function, and others. In the examination, will some essential formulas (especially the long and complicated) be provided ?

2. Is it possible for prospective students to download and have a look at the lecture notes of the previous year before beginning the course (just for preparation) ?

3. Does the class usually run consistently (like beginning from the fundamental that everyone can follow to the more thorough contents respectively) ?

I know that some questions are quite weird, but I just wish to make sure that I'm gonna be capable of this course in the next 3 years. To be honest, I'm a mature student and have abandoned Math for ages in my previous study at completely different program (Medicine) before realising the incompatibilities and strong desire to switch the field back.

Many thanks for any comments and understanding. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending