The Student Room Group

Get told I am "Really pretty" but my crush does not fancy me!

Hi

I get told a lot I am pretty by a lot of people and have had strangers tell me I am beautiful however i seem not to have luck finding a bf.I rarely have a crush on someone so i told him how i felt and he just said he don't fancy me and that was it.

thoughts?

Ar looks that important?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not every guy is going to fancy you...
Just because you may be really pretty, doesn't mean that every guy will fall for you, because believe it or not they do actually take personality and common interests into consideration
Just because you're pretty doesn't mean someone you like will like you back, just like how if you're not pretty doesn't mean nobody will ever like you. Who we're attracted to isn't something we can control.

And yes, I believe that looks are important to initial attraction. We decide (well, our brains do) in under 2 minutes whether or not we like somebody. But when it comes to an actual relationship, and something deeper, a lot more than just your looks matter.
Reply 4
Who tells a stranger they're beautiful? I see loads of beautiful girls, but I'd never just tell them.
Reply 5
Maybe it's your personality?
There's a valuable life lesson to be learnt here. Beauty is subjective.
Reply 7
Obviously not..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Not everyone will consider the same thing to be attractive. Also, there's more to a person than just looks. Being pretty won't always make the cut. Personality is a big thing in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
"One man's rubbish is another man's treasure"

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's more to attraction than looks, it seems.
There are more things than good looks most people want from a girlfriend.
Reply 12
Original post by hattiemcbinky
Just because you may be really pretty, doesn't mean that every guy will fall for you, because believe it or not they do actually take personality and common interests into consideration

They do?! Nah seriously, OP this is the fact. Maybe the fact that you can't understand how guys wouldn't want to date you is indicative of the principal problem...
OP is hilarious :biggrin:
To be honest with, for me, personality supersedes the way someone looks. For example, for me, bad manners and bad habits is an immediate turn off.
I had a bit of a crush on a colleague, at a place where I was volunteering, when I found out he was a smoker- I just thought no. Can't deal with it!
Reply 15
Must be lying to you then.
Reply 16
Original post by Mankytoes
Who tells a stranger they're beautiful? I see loads of beautiful girls, but I'd never just tell them.

You'd be shocked. Granted I live in a scummy area but I've been approached a few times and been given creepy compliments, as have some friends.

Anyway, to OP. As everyone has said, looks aren't everything. And whilst a lot of people find you beautiful, you'll find that you aren't everyone's cup of tea. Don't let it upset you though, you'll find someone who you fancy soon and they'll reciprocate your feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mankytoes

Someone with an agenda.
Reply 18
Original post by desdemonata
Just because you're pretty doesn't mean someone you like will like you back, just like how if you're not pretty doesn't mean nobody will ever like you. Who we're attracted to isn't something we can control.

And yes, I believe that looks are important to initial attraction. We decide (well, our brains do) in under 2 minutes whether or not we like somebody. But when it comes to an actual relationship, and something deeper, a lot more than just your looks matter.

Huh?

Where did you find that out? and what do you mean by 'whether we like somebody'? That's vague - how could anybody definitively prove that that's the case, and that it's the case for everyone?
Original post by AlligatorSky
Maybe it's your personality?

lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending