The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Level Geography Unit 2 Notes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Did anyone do unequal spaces? What did you write for a) and c)
Reply 61
How did people find the June 2015 paper in general?
I messed up so bad I mixed up all my case studies eurghh :s-smilie:
Hey, i did an exam today where it asoed you to evaluate two coastal defences, but i did three by mistake becuase i did a coastal management instead of defence and forgot to ross that paragraph out, meaning i have three instead of two. Will i not be credited ANY marks at all on this question as i did three?
Is the holderness case study correct for the coastal defence question?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, thats the one
Yes as long as you wrote about particular management techniques- eg; Soft and hard engineering
I dont know though, cos the groyne was meant to be the hard engineering and he managed retreat the soft, but i couodnt think of another soft so did the sea wall, so in the end i had three, twho hard, and one irrelevant, which makes me think i will get no marks at all cos i wrote about three when the question specified two
Original post by Praveen101
I don't know how you did that without using examples.. the key was to link your examples with what they gave you so for e.g.

Improving derelict buildings (Albert Docks)>leading to employment>to less crime

yes i talked about that, i only used source examples, and not ones we had learnt in class, is that ok?
how many marks do you think i will loose
Reply 68
Guys I did two AREAS instead of two techniques (but both those areas had 2 different techniques- hard engineeering and managed retreat?) - will i still get the marks.

Overall I mentioned like 4 possible techniques though?
Original post by LexieA
Guys I did two AREAS instead of two techniques (but both those areas had 2 different techniques- hard engineeering and managed retreat?) - will i still get the marks.

same here I mentioned different areas as well...didn't the question ask for examples though?
Reply 70
Original post by umimstuck
same here I mentioned different areas as well...didn't the question ask for examples though?

It did...I thought the two different areas WERE the two different examples aha
Original post by fungirl16
Hey, i did an exam today where it asoed you to evaluate two coastal defences, but i did three by mistake becuase i did a coastal management instead of defence and forgot to ross that paragraph out, meaning i have three instead of two. Will i not be credited ANY marks at all on this question as i did three?

Coastal management is defense against flooding and erosion.
Original post by LexieA

The requirement was to talk about two different technqiues, there was no requirement to have it along the same stretch of coast. You will actually gain marks from using a wide range of examples.
Reply 73
did anyone not use the figure for the rebranding culture and heritage question?! I'm so worried becasue i misread and didnt actually look at the source but i did talk about culture/heritage centres and job creation, would this get me a few marks?
Reply 74
and if i wrote about two soft engineering (managed retreat and beach replenishment) and two hard engineering (sea wall and groynes) will i get credit cause the question asked for 2?
honestly I didn't think the source was very good, chances are that you made the points on the source anyway as they were pretty basic!! they like you to use your own knowledge for the sources questions so I'm sure it was fine!!!
Reply 76
Original post by sherlock16638
honestly I didn't think the source was very good, chances are that you made the points on the source anyway as they were pretty basic!! they like you to use your own knowledge for the sources questions so I'm sure it was fine!!!

cheers but was one on the source exactly?
Original post by iJAKE
cheers but was one on the source exactly?

I can't remember exactly what was on the source but there were multiple different results of rebranding listed such as lowered crime, job creation, more visitors etc. as a result of renovating old buildings/using museums etc. I am sure they'd credit anything relevant as long as you mentioned at least one of the results of rebranding so they'd thought you looked at it!!
Reply 78
Original post by sherlock16638
I can't remember exactly what was on the source but there were multiple different results of rebranding listed such as lowered crime, job creation, more visitors etc. as a result of renovating old buildings/using museums etc. I am sure they'd credit anything relevant as long as you mentioned at least one of the results of rebranding so they'd thought you looked at it!!

I really hope so haha and ty very much
Guys why are you panicking? If you wrote more than required you are only going to gain not lose, you've done fine. I was unsure about whether to do Managed retreat, because i wasn't sure if it was a defence....do you think it will be alright?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending