The Student Room Group

Failed ICAS/ACCA/ICAEW exams?

I have failed my ICAS TPS with 1 resit- got fired. Needless to say- demotivational as hell. I am quitting accounting/audit altogether, purely because don't want to go through the excruciating pain of starting the exams all over again!

What did people do who failed? Do you just rotate between the Big4 and resit until you get the qualification?
Reply 1
noone?!
Reply 2
Rotate between the big 4? I imagine that would be pretty difficult to do, doubt those firms are going to want to pick up employees who have been fired from other firms.

However I believe many do go in to smaller firms to continue there contract (not restart it!), as smaller firms are happy to benefit from your prior training and recognise that exam performance and your contribution at work are not likely to be linked. However there will be some who leave accounting altogether to pursue other things (probably involve trying to get back on a graduate scheme again).
Well I know a couple people who failed, went elsewhere (non-big 4 or industry), qualified and then came back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending