The Student Room Group

Sports Science degree - Biology PGCE???

I have a 2.1 in sports science, do you think any universities will take me on a biology PGCE?
Reply 1
Original post by dingerbell00
I have a 2.1 in sports science, do you think any universities will take me on a biology PGCE?

It would depend on your module choices and on your A Levels. I have been accepted onto both school direct and a pgce for Sep 2013 with a sports science degree from Birmingham Uni. However I did all biochemistry modules in my third year, apart from one, which was Sports Mechanics, so was physics based.

I was asked about my subject knowledge gaps at interview, especially as I only have Biology as a science at A Level, but I demonstrated that I had tried to develop my knowledge since finishing (I did an online course in genetics, and have been going back through chemistry and physics gcse work and am planning to move onto the A Level stuff soon). If you're good in front of a class, the knowledge gaps can be worked on!

Hope that helps...definitely don't let it put you off applying. If they think you've got what it takes the worst they can do is ask you to do a subject knowledge enhancement course.

Bonne chance!
Reply 2
Thanks very much for the help. Very informative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending