The Student Room Group

Tiffins interview!

I've got an interview for tiffin boys sixth form on Tuesday and I'm just wondering what their likely to be asking about and things I can do! How many people get interviewed anyway?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any help?
Reply 2
I had one about two weeks ago. Its not too hard of an interview in my opinion. After the tour they'll probably ask you after seeing the school why you would like to go there. They will go through your options and ask why you chose each one and also parts of your personal statement and might ask you to explain it. Be prepared to talk about your extra-curricular activities and what you would add to the school.
Just prepare slightly for them and you will be fine and feel free to ask any more questions :smile:
Reply 3
Jalber, what did you put down for your predicted grades?
Reply 4
they didnt ask for any predicted grades if i remember rightly but that wont be a problem! do many people get interviewed or is it just custom too?
Reply 5
Original post by Jalber1
they didnt ask for any predicted grades if i remember rightly but that wont be a problem! do many people get interviewed or is it just custom too?

My interview was just a formality as they had already decided to give me an offer before it - I could tell by the way they cut me half way through my answers and gave me an offer after 5 minutes. But that was on the first day of interviews. Yours is likely to be more in depth.
Reply 6
Fair enough, do many people get interviewed?
Reply 7
Original post by Jalber1
Fair enough, do many people get interviewed?

Well, lets just say an interview at Tiffins means you have a good chance of getting in.
Tell me how it goes! Also what are you predicted and what courses are you applying for?
Original post by Jalber1
I've got an interview for tiffin boys sixth form on Tuesday and I'm just wondering what their likely to be asking about and things I can do! How many people get interviewed anyway?

I got an interview there last year. If you're predicted good grades and behave well you're fine.
I was predicted 11A*s, got 11A*s and got in.
I stayed at my state comp in the end because I don't like being bossed around. They do well as the teachers are decent and the work ethic is insane.
If you rely on good teaching then it's not a bad School; I prefer to do things myself so wasn't bothered.
Reply 9
Original post by PolarBearSlayer
I got an interview there last year. If you're predicted good grades and behave well you're fine.
I was predicted 11A*s, got 11A*s and got in.
I stayed at my state comp in the end because I don't like being bossed around. They do well as the teachers are decent and the work ethic is insane.
If you rely on good teaching then it's not a bad School; I prefer to do things myself so wasn't bothered.

What school was that then?
Reply 10
Original post by Farhan96
Well, lets just say an interview at Tiffins means you have a good chance of getting in.
Tell me how it goes! Also what are you predicted and what courses are you applying for?

All a and a star, I wanna do maths/further maths, history, economics and physics
Original post by Jalber1
All a and a star, I wanna do maths/further maths, history, economics and physics

As I said, a state comp. I am under no obligation to reveal the name. It is not far from Tiffin though (well on the 57 bus route).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Jalber1

Lol thats the same choices as me bar one.
Reply 13
Lol thats the same choices as me bar one.

lol. did your parents have to go?
Reply 14
Original post by Jalber1
lol. did your parents have to go?

Yep.
Reply 15
Yep.

Did they have to speak much?
Reply 16
Original post by Jalber1
Did they have to speak much?

Not really, my mum tended to get involved herself.
Reply 17
Yer it went like yours only lasted about 7miniutes before giving me an offer!
Reply 18
Original post by Jalber1
Yer it went like yours only lasted about 7miniutes before giving me an offer!

LOL, nice one. Is it your first choice now? And how many other people were on the list of people getting places?
Reply 19
Yer I will probobaly go there, from what I saw there was like seven people on the list

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending