The Student Room Group

Outlook Festival - Getting there?

Outlook looks insane, I wanted to go last year but couldnt afford it, so this year took the 'buy the ticket now worry about everything else later' approach.

I've looked at about every possible to way to get to Pula.

Direct flights are around £800 - far too expensive.
Sunshine coach is awfully painful because such a long journey, plus its only 28th-3rd, I want to go 26th-4th to make it more worthwhile and a full week - £200
Could fly to venice, get the 4 hour coach down £180 flights, £60 return coach
Could Fly to Zagreb, and then your left with a simalar cost and coach as Venice, the only thing about these two is the coaches leave at awkaward times, and becuase of check-ins etc for flights you end up waiting around for hours upon hours.

The last option, is interrailing, obviously most expensive, but definitely the most fun! £150 for 5 days travel within 10 days, the route I wanted to do is:

Amsterdam - Berlin - Prague - Vienna - Budapest - Pula

staying 2 nights in each place and having a week travelling europe and a week at outlook. None of my friends are overly keen on interrailing, but I would love to go! I have a route and trains planned, the only issue is getting from Budapest - Pula. It ends up being a crazy long train and coach for the shortest part of the journey, becuase of the mountainous terrain.

so, anyone else looked at/sorted travel yet, or is anyone even attending outlook?

Scroll to see replies

Me and my friend are flying to Venice with BA (£76 each way) having a few days there, and getting the transfer from Venice to Outlook. Managed to find flights that are timed fairly well to fit in with the transfer coaches and get to have a couple of days in Venice whilst we're at it! Have you decided on what to do yet?
Reply 2
Think we're also doing Venice! was considering Zagreb but the coaches don't fit it too nicely with check-in times. I'm thinking fly out on the 25th, spend a night or two in venice, leaving me with a full week at outlook, coming home on the 3rd/4th. You thinking Staying in hostels in venice?
Oh right. Yeah, I think we found that it was cheaper (or easier) in the end to fly out early morning of the 26th (as opposed to afternoon of the 25th and then pay for an extra night accommodation) in order to have two full days and two nights in Venice, and then transfer to Outlook on the 28th - but I guess it depends where you're flying from and who with!
Yeah, we went for a nice hostel that we felt had a good cheap-but-nice balance, and it came with breakfast. What about you?
Reply 4
I used the Interrail last time. It was pretty awesome as you kind of find interrail parties of people who are also going to outlook festival and you can explore a bit of europe if you can get the time off.
Reply 5
I planned out an interrailing route, I've wanted to do it for ages so I'm super keen but none of my friends are. I live in guernsey, Channel Islands so all of my friends are scared of the prospect of travelling trough Europe. Half of them struggle getting a train from Manchester to Leeds. Only one friend will Even consider the idea! How much money would I need for a week of interrailing?!

Living in guernsey also means I can't depart early on the 26th because I need to get a flight from guernsey to the uk and uk to Venice. Makes everything much more expensive and annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Book my flights to venice yesterday, flying in on the evening of the 25th, and returning late on the 4th. £170 and £30 coach each way, turned out pretty cheap!
Ah cool, might see you there then!
Reply 8
Original post by zak2401
Book my flights to venice yesterday, flying in on the evening of the 25th, and returning late on the 4th. £170 and £30 coach each way, turned out pretty cheap!

Hi,
i'm volunteering at Outlook, did it all pretty quickly without actually thinking how i'm going to get there! Your flight prices & stuff sound pretty cheap, better than anything i've found so far! I was wondering who you've booked it through?
Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by joeliesleap
Hi,
i'm volunteering at Outlook, did it all pretty quickly without actually thinking how i'm going to get there! Your flight prices & stuff sound pretty cheap, better than anything i've found so far! I was wondering who you've booked it through?
Thanks

I know this is diverting from the topic but how much spending money are you taking?
Reply 10
Booked my flights through British Airways, and i'm taking £1000, it might be slight overkill but I have a night in venice, and ten days in croatia, as I wanted to make it as long of a holiay as possible, better safe than sorry!
Reply 11
I've booked my ticket for the festival, I think me and my friends are gonna fly into Venice aswell but does anyone know when the camping for the festival is going to be on sale/when it starts/finishes or how much it is? Because apparently it comes seperately?
Reply 12
As usual for not so well known EU cities, your best bet is probably a lufthansa routing via FRA or MUN, onto whatever is closest to Pula.
Reply 13
Original post by yasarooni
I've booked my ticket for the festival, I think me and my friends are gonna fly into Venice aswell but does anyone know when the camping for the festival is going to be on sale/when it starts/finishes or how much it is? Because apparently it comes seperately?

I did this last year! My flights& coach from venice there and back was £275, I know you can organise transfers yourself for cheaper but this was all under one company and everything went to smoothly!! Nice coach as well with air con I didnt even mind being on it when i was hungover on the way home, plus they let us stop in italy for paninis! (anyway slightly diverting) From what I remember from this year (even though i didn't camp I stayed in a hotel) But you have to go to the festival sights first to get your wrist band, If your camping as well you get your wristband and your camping band from the same place. I think camping opened 3 days before the actual festival started but obviously their was still a lot of beach parties etc like this year we had loads of beach parties/ boat parties in the first 2 days and also a concert at the amphitheatre which was amazing!!!! But yeah you do have to pay camping separately but I don't think its that expensive at all the only thing is the tent etc and loads of people we spoke to this year got their stuff robbed! If your put off camping abit like i was theirs these really cute lockable kind of huts in a little village near the festival sight that weren't that expensive If i go again next year ill deffo stay in one of those! But where ever you stay it will be the best week of your life its absolute paradise!
Reply 14
Just wondering if anyone can confirm when the Eufest coaches start running (as in date) and how much they're likely to cost?

And also when the Outlook camp site opens and how much it costs?

Thanks!
Reply 15
zak, can you send me a link to all those train times and all that if possible cause I'm thinking about doing the exact same travel arrangements this year?
Reply 16
Hi DS-DOOM,

eufest have a range of coaches available for Outlook from September 1st. The coaches available include transfers from Manchester & London to Outlook (£95 each way) and airport transfers from Trieste (£22) and Venice Marco Polo (£33). I've included a link to the eufest Outlook Transfers page - http://www.eufest.com/festivals/outlook/transport

In regards to the campsite - a slot cost £10.50 per night and the campsite is open from Monday September 1st - Wednesday September 10th at midday. Check in will be open 24/7 during this time.

I hope that helps!

Kat (eufest)
Reply 17
Hey, unfortunately I cannot make it this year despite the huge line up!

I am looking to sell my ticket fast, paid £151 but selling at £140 + Ill pay for the name change.

Just drop me a message, thanks!
Reply 18
Original post by eufest
Hi DS-DOOM,

eufest have a range of coaches available for Outlook from September 1st. The coaches available include transfers from Manchester & London to Outlook (£95 each way) and airport transfers from Trieste (£22) and Venice Marco Polo (£33). I've included a link to the eufest Outlook Transfers page - http://www.eufest.com/festivals/outlook/transport

In regards to the campsite - a slot cost £10.50 per night and the campsite is open from Monday September 1st - Wednesday September 10th at midday. Check in will be open 24/7 during this time.

I hope that helps!

Kat (eufest)

Hi Kat, thanks for your reply!

Do you know what time the campsite opens on Monday the 1st?

Thanks, DS DOOM
Reply 19
Thanks for info.

Quick Reply

Latest