The Student Room Group

Chemistry vs Tech at A2 for Engineering

I would really love some advice about subjects and whether I should/which subjects to drop next year! I'm currently doing maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and product design, I got 4 A's in my January exams (C1, D1, Phy1 and Chem1) so I have no idea which on to drop going into Y13. I know its really early but my school does it quite early, I have a meeting with the deputy head next week about what to drop except I have no idea, it would be either Chemistry or ProdDesign based on next years syllabus'. Does anyone have any advice about the step up to A2 in terms of workload or chemistry/product design at A2. Also I'm applying to do Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, so some advice about which subject is most relevant out of chemistry and product design would be great!
Reply 1
Original post by EBayton
I would really love some advice about subjects and whether I should/which subjects to drop next year! I'm currently doing maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and product design, I got 4 A's in my January exams (C1, D1, Phy1 and Chem1) so I have no idea which on to drop going into Y13. I know its really early but my school does it quite early, I have a meeting with the deputy head next week about what to drop except I have no idea, it would be either Chemistry or ProdDesign based on next years syllabus'. Does anyone have any advice about the step up to A2 in terms of workload or chemistry/product design at A2. Also I'm applying to do Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, so some advice about which subject is most relevant out of chemistry and product design would be great!

Chemistry is considered the more challenging A-Level, the A2 is still relevant to mechanical and aerospace engineering. Product design may be more relevant but would also be considered the "softer" option.

Quick Reply

Latest