The Student Room Group

Casual sex or more??

So I've met a guy a couple of weeks ago, ended up as a ONS. I liked him and it was really nice, but that was all for me. I had let slip where I usually hang out and, coincidentally (yea sure), I met him again, which he seemed very happy about.
As I said, I had enjoyed his company and the sex was really good so we kinda started this f*ckbuddy thing. I dont have a problem with casual sex and I have to admit I really really enjoy it with him as it just keeps getting better and better lol. :biggrin:

The thing is Im not entirely sure what he thinks about all this...
Hes not the calm, sensitive, romatic kinda guy, on the contrary- Id rather classify him as the kind that drinks, smokes, parties, does stupid stuff with his friends and sleeps around. The kind that is not ready for a serious relationship yet.
We basically only meet to have sex but he doesnt behave like other guys who are just in it for the sex. He wants to cuddle a lot (i mean a LOT) and is always telling me those terribly sweet and nice things, and Im not talking about that usual cheesy ****, I know all that. Plus, he knows that hes gonna get it anyway.
Also, he's always asking me if I have been seeing any other guys, he's telling me that he wants to see me more often, when I'm not seeing him he's texting me that he misses me (mostly with a sexual allure though) AND he wants me to stay awfully long in the mornings, just cuddling.
I've had casual things happening in the past and he just doesn't seem like those other guys. But maybe he just is like that.
We keep joking around, especially me. if he starts with that emotional stuff I always try and make it into some kind of sex joke.
I don't really want a reationship atm but am finding the thought of him falling for me disturbingly appealing. You know, I think I am falling for the idea of him falling for me.

Any opinions? Preferably guys, what do you think of this behaviour?

I know that Im gonna have to ask him at some point, but for now I'd just like some outside opinions, cos dont want to risk ending it (have I mentioned that the sex is AMAZING??)
Sounds like he maybe falling for you as well or he certainly least likes you a lot but is too scared to admit it
Is this a real person or your teddy bear?
Reply 3
If he's asking if you're seeing other guys, texts a lot, and likes cuddling, it means he likes you for more than sex. If he just wanted sex he would be more distant emotionally. He would also be thinking about other girls and so would not be as concerned about you with other guys and would not text as much. I think the cuddling is the giveaway though - f*ckbuddys don't really do cuddling.
Reply 4
Original post by biglicker
you stupid ****

very helpful.

Original post by CheeseMunchies

no thats indeed a real guy in his mid-20s. im not used to this kind of behaviour from a guy aswell.

you know this whole thing could actually be made into a cheesy romantic movie or something, theres enough material..

usually its quite obvious for me what a guy wants from me but this one I just cant figure out.
He goes along with the sex jokes and allusions and we always have a good laugh but I dont know if he just does it cos I do. Also, I have tried to point out that it was just a casual thing for me.
maybe he really is falling for me, but perhaps he wants to become more like (just) friends with benefits?
and maybe hes just a guy who secretly enjoys cuddling and a bit of romance or maybe he is trying out a few moves on me. Or maybe he too just thinks the sex is so utterly amazing and does all that just so Id not end it.
I'm really confused.

also, i never said I was falling for HIM, its more the idea that this cool, casual guy whos not up for anything serious might be changing his principles cos of me.
Reply 5
okay so strangely my previous post doesnt show up... Ill just try again lol

Original post by biglicker
you stupid ****

very helpful answer I must say.

Original post by CheeseMunchies

I know it sounds kinda soppy.

Usually, I dont find it very difficult to figure out what a guy wants from me but with him, Im clueless.

For me, there is 3 ways to interpret his behaviour:
Either, he really is faling for me.
Or, he just likes me and he wants to be something in between sex buddies and relationship, some friends with benefits kinda thing.
Or, he really is just in it for the sex but is a guy who secretly enjoys cuddling and a bit of romance. Maybe hes just trying out a few moves on me. Or maybe he too thinks the sex is so utterly amazing that he does all that stuff to make me stick with him, just for the sex.

Like I said, we keep joking around and everything. If he starts talking emotional I try to turn it into a sexual joke and he plays along with it, just not sure if he does it cos I do. And we really do only meet to have sex, I always stay the night and leave around midday. I've met a few of his friends while staying over, he doesnt seem to be ashamed or trying to hide it.
Thats basically the point Im not sure about. He is sweet and when Im with him he does sometimes give me the impression its more for him, but hes never asked me on a proper date or anything. It alwys the same: We meet, we have sex, cuddle, talk, sex, sleep, sex, cuddle, talk, I leave. About once ot twice a week.

Also, I never said I was falling for HIM. It's more the idea that this cool, casual guy who doesnt do serious relationships might be changing his principles for me. You know, the Im breaking the hard shell kinda thing.
I'm in a very similar situation, thus anon (don't want anyone to find out).
I'm thinking about breaking it off but don't want to spoil the chance yet of it maybe becoming something more.
Any opinions?

Quick Reply

Latest