The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Is there c4 solution bank for edexcel to download
Reply 21
Original post by MathsNerd1
Nottingham want AAA or A* (Maths) AB and Warwick wanted A*A* (Maths and Further) A in Chemistry plus a 2 in any STEP paper.

In January I got A's in my maths exams but a D in my Chemistry, even though I got 70% raw marks, so I wasn't too impressed really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:O :O
A*A*A plus STEP - I've never seen that high an offer before wow - sorry dude :/
Yeah, good luck - you've picked excellent unis, so you'll be doing a good course regardless

We should keep in contact in revising for the C3 resit and the C4 exam in June :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Patience12
Is there c4 solution bank for edexcel to download

Look at that, I found this about an hour ago :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewjwqezkpq33bll/all%20links.txt

Good luck
Reply 23
Nottingham want AAA or A* (Maths) AB and Warwick wanted A*A* (Maths and Further) A in Chemistry plus a 2 in any STEP paper.

In January I got A's in my maths exams but a D in my Chemistry, even though I got 70% raw marks, so I wasn't too impressed really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you think i feel lol
I got C's in my maths exams and my firm is going to be warwick -_-
I still can't believe i dropped down 2 grades in maths, f maths and eco :angry:
Tbh it's my own fault for slacking lol
How many exams have you got?
Reply 24
Original post by Nia_Beth
Look at that, I found this about an hour ago :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewjwqezkpq33bll/all%20links.txt

Good luck

Thank you :smile:

Can you upload it, I am finding it difficult to upload please Nia_beth:smile:
Reply 25
May I ask why you haven't started C4 yet when the exam is only 3 months away?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doing the whole A level in year 12, with further maths next year but its a bit optimistic of our teachers to expect us to do well when we'll have such a short time for it all to sink it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Thank you :smile:

Can you upload it, I am finding it difficult to upload please Nia_beth:smile:

tinyurl.com/C4SOLBANKC - Does this work?
:O :O
A*A*A plus STEP - I've never seen that high an offer before wow - sorry dude :/
Yeah, good luck - you've picked excellent unis, so you'll be doing a good course regardless

We should keep in contact in revising for the C3 resit and the C4 exam in June :smile:

Yeah, it's their standard offer for anyone applying to Maths as STEP sorts out the strong from weak candidates, the annoying thing was I was starting to get the hang of STEP too and had another 35 questions I think I could've done beforehand and such. Oh well and thanks, Nottingham isn't too bad really so it's not too bad for me.

Good luck to you too and I'm hoping you get the grades you require to get into your chosen university, also yeah we should definitely stay in contact, just message me if you ever need any help with anything and I'll be happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
tinyurl.com/C4SOLBANKC - Does this work?

Yes god bless you :smile:
are these questions solutions to each mixed exercises in the c4 book?
Reply 29
Yeah, it's their standard offer for anyone applying to Maths as STEP sorts out the strong from weak candidates, the annoying thing was I was starting to get the hang of STEP too and had another 35 questions I think I could've done beforehand and such. Oh well and thanks, Nottingham isn't too bad really so it's not too bad for me.

Good luck to you too and I'm hoping you get the grades you require to get into your chosen university, also yeah we should definitely stay in contact, just message me if you ever need any help with anything and I'll be happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah good luck to you too, and I'm sure you can turn everything around and get amazing grades in the summer :smile:
Same here, if you need anything, PM me
Reply 30
Yes god bless you :smile:
are these questions solutions to each mixed exercises in the c4 book?

As far as I know, its solutions to everything :smile:
Original post by ACBLISS
How do you think i feel lol
I got C's in my maths exams and my firm is going to be warwick -_-
I still can't believe i dropped down 2 grades in maths, f maths and eco :angry:
Tbh it's my own fault for slacking lol
How many exams have you got?

Really, ouch I do feel for you then as you've also got STEP or AEA on top of that, if my third subject wasn't so poor last year then I'd also firm Warwick as I'm pretty confident to get A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, just that stupid Chemistry of mine!

I would've had 11 but now I only have 8, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reeedo
Doing the whole A level in year 12, with further maths next year but its a bit optimistic of our teachers to expect us to do well when we'll have such a short time for it all to sink it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, well it'll make sense next year when you're doing Further Maths as I had to learn them side by side and it was quite challenging and in the end just went ahead in all C3, C4 and M1 to make sure I knew it all anyway.

If you need any help then I'll be happy to help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Really, ouch I do feel for you then as you've also got STEP or AEA on top of that, if my third subject wasn't so poor last year then I'd also firm Warwick as I'm pretty confident to get A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, just that stupid Chemistry of mine!

I would've had 11 but now I only have 8, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn i feel for you to :eek:
May i ask what exam board you are on for chemistry as people at my college for chemistry all flopped lol....50% failed
Tbh maths becomes very easy once you start learning fp3 lol
I have 12......god save me!
Yeah good luck to you too, and I'm sure you can turn everything around and get amazing grades in the summer :smile:
Same here, if you need anything, PM me

Thanks, I'm aiming to get the A*'s and a B in Chemistry with getting a Distinction in the AEA, to hopefully get into Warwick through adjustment, if its possible to. Also thanks, I'll remember that and ask for you help on any chapters I'd like a second perspective on. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by reeedo
I'm doing C3 and C4 in June, and I haven't even started C4 yet. Not looking forward to cramming everything in so fast :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it in 2.5 weeks self study -its only 6 chapters- it requires practice and time and examsolutions is great at explaining :biggrin:
Reply 36
hey all,

how is everyone finding c4 so far? :smile: heard jan was a hard paper, so hopefully if my theory works, June will be a nice one :tongue: *touch wood*
Just out of curiosity but which part of C4 do you find the most challenging?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well we havent actually finished the teaching of the course just yet but so far learning all the different integration techniques is quite challenging, but Im doing them so much now they have got a lot easier.
Reply 38
Original post by Libby18
hey all,

how is everyone finding c4 so far? :smile: heard jan was a hard paper, so hopefully if my theory works, June will be a nice one :tongue: *touch wood*

What if your theory doesn't work out?:tongue:
Original post by ACBLISS
Damn i feel for you to :eek:
May i ask what exam board you are on for chemistry as people at my college for chemistry all flopped lol....50% failed
Tbh maths becomes very easy once you start learning fp3 lol
I have 12......god save me!

Well it's not going to be that bad anymore as I'm almost guaranteed A's in both Maths and Further and the B shouldn't be too hard to achieve either.

I'm on the OCR A board but I'm regretting it as I got 70% raw marks but got a D, which is just annoying and yeah, it makes the rest seem pretty trivial really, there's still a few things that catch me in FP2 though so I need to be careful in that exam.

I think you might want to start very soon, I know I've started already as I don't want to leave anything to chance, but that's just me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending