The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MathsNerd1
Nottingham want AAA or A* (Maths) AB and Warwick wanted A*A* (Maths and Further) A in Chemistry plus a 2 in any STEP paper.

In January I got A's in my maths exams but a D in my Chemistry, even though I got 70% raw marks, so I wasn't too impressed really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR A chemistry- the grade boundaries were SO HIGH!
Original post by Libby18
hey all,

how is everyone finding c4 so far? :smile: heard jan was a hard paper, so hopefully if my theory works, June will be a nice one :tongue: *touch wood*

I wouldn't be so dependant on that logic as I used the same logic with S2 for the January exam as I found last Junes to be quite challenging, but this one really increased the difficulty.

I just hope we get a nice vector question and differential equation too, if so then I'll be more than fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Libby18
I did it in 2.5 weeks self study -its only 6 chapters- it requires practice and time and examsolutions is great at explaining :biggrin:

Thanks, nice to have some reassurance that it won't be such a hard task to learn everything. Out of interest, how did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Well it's not going to be that bad anymore as I'm almost guaranteed A's in both Maths and Further and the B shouldn't be too hard to achieve either.

I'm on the OCR A board but I'm regretting it as I got 70% raw marks but got a D, which is just annoying and yeah, it makes the rest seem pretty trivial really, there's still a few things that catch me in FP2 though so I need to be careful in that exam.

I think you might want to start very soon, I know I've started already as I don't want to leave anything to chance, but that's just me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard about that ocr paper? Was it hard?
70% and still a D :eek: how comes?
Hardest bit in fp2 for me is the transformations in complex number :mad:
I'v already started lol, after i received my results and my asian parents found out.....i just turned back on and stopped being lazy lool
Reply 44
Original post by ACBLISS
What if your theory doesn't work out?:tongue:

I wouldn't be so dependant on that logic as I used the same logic with S2 for the January exam as I found last Junes to be quite challenging, but this one really increased the difficulty.

I just hope we get a nice vector question and differential equation too, if so then I'll be more than fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to reassure myself and if it doesn't work hello massive fail for me and we'd have to do it the best way we can.
No the chemistry paper was pretty easy so the grade boundaries were very high hence why a D was 70%
Most people seem to be disappointed with Jan results- kick up the backside really.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Callumhamby
well we havent actually finished the teaching of the course just yet but so far learning all the different integration techniques is quite challenging, but Im doing them so much now they have got a lot easier.

Yeah, well it's quite important that you can really get to grips with the integration as in some of the Solomons papers I've already done there has been around 35 marks just for different types of integration and such, vectors is a pain though as I can't draw I diagram for a 3D line and make sense of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Not looking forward to June ;(

Got F335 chemistry on the 12th then C3 next day-
Then BIOL5 on the 17th and C4 next day...

Whhyyy??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by reeedo
Thanks, nice to have some reassurance that it won't be such a hard task to learn everything. Out of interest, how did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

high B (78) in c3
retaking as I want to try for the A* (but my offer asks/what I need for what I want to do is an A)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by m.dot.mak
Not looking forward to June ;(

Got F335 chemistry on the 12th then C3 next day-
Then BIOL5 on the 17th and C4 next day...

Whhyyy??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

bad times! I have a whole week of consecutive exams
:/
Reply 49
Original post by Libby18

I have step II the day after c4 and Step I after fp3 :mad:
Reply 50
Original post by ACBLISS
I have step II the day after c4 and Step I after fp3 :mad:

good luck :/
Original post by ACBLISS
I heard about that ocr paper? Was it hard?
70% and still a D :eek: how comes?
Hardest bit in fp2 for me is the transformations in complex number :mad:
I'v already started lol, after i received my results and my asian parents found out.....i just turned back on and stopped being lazy lool

Well it was quite a straightforward exam but I was certain I only dropped 8 marks and not actually 18-19 so I wasn't too impressed at all, especially considering I would've had another 6 marks if I just carried on from the previous part of the question, I just had to be daft instead, oh well there is always June.

Yeah, those aren't too bad although when you're transforming an arg function that does seem to throw me slightly, also the fact of the polar co ordinates and which limits you go between sometimes catches me out too, I'm only dropping about 7 marks currently which I think is pretty good for this stage too.

Ah I can only imagine, mine weren't too impressed either but I knew I'd do a lot better come June as I'll be working twice as hard for them. Now it's only time that can help me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Well it was quite a straightforward exam but I was certain I only dropped 8 marks and not actually 18-19 so I wasn't too impressed at all, especially considering I would've had another 6 marks if I just carried on from the previous part of the question, I just had to be daft instead, oh well there is always June.

Yeah, those aren't too bad although when you're transforming an arg function that does seem to throw me slightly, also the fact of the polar co ordinates and which limits you go between sometimes catches me out too, I'm only dropping about 7 marks currently which I think is pretty good for this stage too.

Ah I can only imagine, mine weren't too impressed either but I knew I'd do a lot better come June as I'll be working twice as hard for them. Now it's only time that can help me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still can't believe June will be the month which will decide my future :eek: and yh i figured i should just work harder YOLO lol :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by Libby18

OUCH! ;(

Well I guess it's time for us to work our butts off until June and hopefully there'll be good news all round in August...

All the best :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACBLISS
I still can't believe June will be the month which will decide my future :eek: and yh i figured i should just work harder YOLO lol :tongue:

Yeah, it's quite a daunting fact that its basically all lies on these exams and if you mess up or problems occur then you'll have to reapply next year, considering I was in a car crash the day before my exams started and was on strong medication for half of the exam period I'm just hoping I'm more fortunate this year.

Good luck with all your revision and exams in June, you'll probably need it with STEP :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
How many hours of work are you guys managing to do each day , and how are you able to achieve it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nizmo63
How many hours of work are you guys managing to do each day , and how are you able to achieve it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well outside of school hours I've been doing at least one past paper a week in all M1, M2, C3, C4 and FP2 as well as 2 hours of Chemistry each night, but I'm also doing more maths in my frees during the school day.

I've just put all other distractions aside so I can just focus solely on the work, while still having some time to relax as well. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Only need 83 in C4 and 30 in D1 to get an A*! Would help if I had uni offers though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by Nia_Beth
Same place as you guys too - need my A* in C3 and C4, so I'm starting to revise from now, and do some solomon papers. But my school is being slow - they are taking ages to finish C4, so I am also teaching myself vectors, which isn't hard as I did M1, M2 and Physics.

What courses are you guys applying for??

Comp Sci need A*AA (Doing Maths Phys Chem)
Reply 59
Hi, quick question , in integration can you bring out negative constants or is it positive constants?thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending