The Student Room Group

Decisions!

After applying for medicine I've ended up with 4 medical rejections and two offers, for psychology, mental health and illness (a subject I'm really interested in and with prospects of becoming a clinical psychologist) and Bachelor of Clinical Science (aalways liked science orientated subjects and with an option of trying to get transfered onto medicine in the first year) but I'm unsure what to do. Would psychology be acceptable for post graduate entery for medicine? Does anyone know if there are any career prospects after a clinical science course, other than medicine i mean, I can't make sense of the one's on the prospectus. Both require AAB but I'm on track for AAA but I can't seem to pick between the two. Any ideas?
Psychology is definitely accepted for post graduate entry, it should be no problem at all. I don't know about the clinical science course and career prospects though. If I was you, I'd pick the one I was interested in the most; I know your main aim is to get into medicine after completing them - and I'm sure you will. However, you need to think about which one of the courses you would do if you had to go into a career based on just your degree - it may help you decide which one you prefer. Good luck with everything :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nuttyneuron
Psychology is definitely accepted for post graduate entry, it should be no problem at all. I don't know about the clinical science course and career prospects though. If I was you, I'd pick the one I was interested in the most; I know your main aim is to get into medicine after completing them - and I'm sure you will. However, you need to think about which one of the courses you would do if you had to go into a career based on just your degree - it may help you decide which one you prefer. Good luck with everything :smile:

Exactly what I would say- take what you enjoy! Psychology definitely sounds like the safer option to get onto the graduate course- could you email the universities for medicine and see whether they would accept the other course as an entry requirement?

It might be that after 3/4 years of studying for a degree you find you really enjoy it and don't want to do medicine after all, and that psychology becomes the thing you love most :smile:

Good luck :biggrin:
If you get AAA+ you should think about a gap year. :smile: Both sound interesting though and you'd be fine for grad entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending