The Student Room Group

Nottingham or Leeds for History?

I'm going to be studying History come September, I can't decide between Nottingham or Leeds- I also thought about York but decided against it in the end.

What uni is better?
Have you visited them yet?
Reply 2
League table wise Nottingham is better, wouldnt actually agree though, i went to nottingham and found it intimidating, the lecturers for my course were **** and i didnt do well there and dropped out at the end of my 1st year, Im now at exeter and im having a ****ing great time! Exeter all the way

I dont have any experiences of leeds but im sure its good there, its won loads of awards for student life and student experience
Reply 3
Original post by Short Story Long
Have you visited them yet?

Yes I visited both, liked both but for different reasons
Original post by zooey-a
Yes I visited both, liked both but for different reasons

Ahh, OK. You should weigh up the pros and cons for yourself, because you don't want to just firm the wrong one because someone on tsr said you should. It is a very good idea to get opinions though.

I love both Nottingham and Leeds I think that they are both great places to live. What about the course content, which do you find more interesting?
Reply 5
The thing is in the league tables, Leeds is not that high, its like 30 compared to nottingham which is about 20th
League tables don't mean that much, in my eyes they are both very respectable university's. Please consider more than league tables.
Original post by zooey-a
The thing is in the league tables, Leeds is not that high, its like 30 compared to nottingham which is about 20th

Dont be fooled by league tables, They are both RG at the end of the day so an employer isnt going to go 'oh he/she went to leeds lets not give them a job because its 30th in the league tables' In fact as a recent grad student I got a job with Goldman Sachs so Leeds is not all bad! :redface:
[h="3"]I loved Leeds, Nottingham is equally a good uni though, its just about preference. campus uni's are great for the first few months but alot of my friends who went to places like notts, warwick, york found after a while it to be a bit overbearing
also northern uni's are cheapp!! lots of cheap beer.
Nottingham gave an opportunity for international and mature student like me to study, while Exeter didn't and even never gave a reason for rejecting me. My experience might be opposite to that of Matty123_

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
In the end I went for Nottingham over Leeds (for psychology) simply because I wanted a campus university with lakes, forests, woodlands etc..all a walk away from the city. Leeds was great, but just a bit too industrial for me.
Agree with Dpdr. Both of them are good but has different perspective which is appealing for each individual.

For me, all are good except for Exeter (too narrow-minded and lack of understanding).

Posted from TSR Mobile
everyones got different preferances. id choose Nottingham because of the greenery and such.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending