The Student Room Group

How many people did you invite to your 18th birthday party?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Clioashlee
Sorry that's my poor sentence formation. Of the 100 I invited, only about 50 turned up. I don't think I even know 100 people, it was mainly invited friends, bring a friend. My mum's friend is a party planner, he sorted everything out (which pretty much consisted of booking the club for the night and getting a cake tbh).

It seems great having the whole club to yourself at first, but then we realised the more people that were there, the better time you had anyway.

The thought of being in a club (or even away from me bed past midnight) now makes me feel ill lol XD

That's what I'd hate to happen, invite a load of people and then not have that many turn up. Almost as if you've gone to a massive effort for loads of people to miss out on it :frown: But sounds like you had a fab time!!
Original post by pandapops
I don't think I even know that many people! :frown:
I was thinking I'd probably just make a playlist on a laptop and plug it into the music system there as I can't trust DJs and their song choices sometimes! Yeah, I'd allow people to bring plus 1s, but obviously not everybody, I think the only people who'd bring them, is people who don't necessarily know a lot of people at the party, like you said, I don't want to end up with millions of people there!!

If that's the case maybe a house party? I know the fear of it getting destroyed but if you're inviting people you know and trust them in sure it will be fine. The main thing is font let the music stop haha, it will create quite a dull atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's what I'd hate to happen, invite a load of people and then not have that many turn up. Almost as if you've gone to a massive effort for loads of people to miss out on it :frown: But sounds like you had a fab time!!

I thought it would bother me more, but all my best friends and close family turned up so I wasn't so bummed out :smile:

It was a good night in the end, although my Mum got really drunk off of the free champange and ended up on the podium.

Good times :colondollar:
Reply 23
Original post by Clioashlee
I thought it would bother me more, but all my best friends and close family turned up so I wasn't so bummed out :smile:

It was a good night in the end, although my Mum got really drunk off of the free champange and ended up on the podium.

Good times :colondollar:

Bless, don't blame her!! Notice you're from Nottinghamshire too!! :biggrin:
Bless, don't blame her!! Notice you're from Nottinghamshire too!! :biggrin:

Originally from Essex, but I currently reside in Southwell for the final stretch of uni.

I do prefer it up here :smile:
Can't really see the point of going into overkill for an 18th birthday party. Well done, your old enough to see an 18 film, doesn't mean you need to party like it's the end of AIDS.
Reply 26
Original post by 2468_James_Maaay
Can't really see the point of going into overkill for an 18th birthday party. Well done, your old enough to see an 18 film, doesn't mean you need to party like it's the end of AIDS.

I just see it as a bit of a milestone, not to mention the time when most of us will be leaving for University!
I haven't really been the birthday party sort of person throughout my life, sort of alternated between days out, holidays and family get togethers, so I think I'd like to make up for it by having a big 18th I guess :colondollar:
Didn't have a party for my 18th 'cause I turned 18 before any of my friends so I couldn't go out. Had about 12 friends come out clubbing with me for my 19th though :dance:
Reply 28
I had about 50 (invited about 35) for a house party, it was one to remember!
Reply 29
My 18th is on Thursday and I'm doing nothing, can't afford it. :frown:
Reply 31
none . just went out with my family for dinner
Reply 32
I waited until 2 days before to organise something and ended up with about 5 of us at a terrible club because everyone else (understandably) had plans, and I got the last bus home at quarter to twelve. Needless to say since then I've had some MUCH better nights out :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by MOTORMADX
none . just went out with my family for dinner

I did this too. I'd much rather spend special occasions with my family.

Then I had 2 of my friends over to my house at the weekend and we got smashed. My closest friends at the time weren't 18 yet so we couldn't go to a club or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Parties with a mix of friends and family can be pretty awkward as you have to balance your time and also music choices can become difficult.

I just went clubbing with close friends, didn't have an actual party.
About 4 -5 people
I got 6 o 7 close friends to come Harvester, then we went back to mine and got drunk, never really got the point of having a massive party, I could just go to a club if I wanted something like that, and it's a lot cheaper that way too (well with student prices at least)
about 10 of us are going out.
Reply 38
Original post by eliza.anne
I did this too. I'd much rather spend special occasions with my family.

Then I had 2 of my friends over to my house at the weekend and we got smashed. My closest friends at the time weren't 18 yet so we couldn't go to a club or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's why I'll probably go out for the meal the day before and then have the party with my friends after so it's a good mixture of both. If I could only do one then I completely agree with you, family all the way.
I am having one at the feathers in Helmsley and I have 200-300 people coming and all I know and that's without family included

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending