The Student Room Group

How do I ask a girl out?

I'm in Year 10, and I really like this girl. I'm good friends with her, so I could trust her to keep it secret if she says no, but I've never been successful with girls before (never kissed a girl etc...). How should I ask her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in Year 10, and I really like this girl. I'm good friends with her, so I could trust her to keep it secret if she says no, but I've never been successful with girls before (never kissed a girl etc...). How should I ask her?

Well as your in your in year 10 can't excatly go to a bar .... ask her out for coffee or something
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Start a conversation about any topic and gradually lead it towards your planned date activity (coffee/cinema or whatever else you think you'd both enjoy). This ensures that you're both relaxed and that your suggestion for a date doesn't come across as too spontaneous when you ask her.

So for example, if you want to take her out for a coffee, talk about coffee for a while, which ones you/she like(s), which ones you/she don't/doesn't like and then say "Hey, would you like to grab a coffee tomorrow/next week?".

If she says no, smile and say "Ok, maybe some other time" - being turned down doesn't have to be anything to be embarrassed about at all. :smile:

One last tip: Try to be as confident as you can, lead the conversation :smile:

Good luck!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Problem is, I'm not the best looking, or the most normal...
Reply 4

don't be ashamed about that, don't make the same mistake i did; i didn't what i had till i lost it, ask her out, what do you have to loose by asking her out
Reply 5
Original post by Tcrumpen
don't be ashamed about that, don't make the same mistake i did; i didn't what i had till i lost it, ask her out, what do you have to loose by asking her out

Reply 6

There's no harm in asking her out still. Beauty lies in the eye of viewer.
Original post by Tcrumpen
Well as your in your in year 10 can't excatly go to a bar .... ask her out for coffee or something

Lol year 10's drinking coffee haha go home mate your drunk :biggrin:

she won't.
Reply 9
Original post by siwelmail
she won't.

hahah i had to laugh because it's probably true, i can't think of many girls who wouldn't tell their friends that someone asked them out, even though she might tell her friends to not say anything she's likely to tell someone.
Reply 10
Original post by lazershus
hahah i had to laugh because it's probably true, i can't think of many girls who wouldn't tell their friends that someone asked them out, even though she might tell her friends to not say anything she's likely to tell someone.

That's a problem, yeah, but who knows. 1 in a billion maybe? :P
Reply 11
'Hi, fancy going out for __________ sometime?' And no, she won't keep it a secret but who cares, people will respect you for having the guts to ask her.
Talk about films then lead the convo into asking her if shed be interested in going out to see X film at some point , the half term thats coming up maybe ?
Reply 13
Ask does she fancy doing something, going for a walk (with a dog maybe), cinema, other activity a museum perhaps.
Reply 14
If you have pets you could invite her to see them. Girls like cute animals.
Reply 15
Original post by the bear
If you have pets you could invite her to see them. Girls like cute animals.

Strong username to post-content ratio. :yy:
Reply 16

I'm not the best looking myself but the key I have found that works, make them laugh.
ask her out? As in ****ing ask her out? carve her name into your stomach with a filet knife thatll get her attention.
Reply 18
Original post by AwsomePossum
ask her out? As in ****ing ask her out? carve her name into your stomach with a filet knife thatll get her attention.

And possibly a trip to the local nut house.....

Easy, most girls that age like to think they're more mature than the guys they associate with, thats because most guys that age have no real confidence! Dont know what your current relationship is like but be assertive, ask her out for a meal, chances are no one ever asked her out to dinner, it will surprise her and at the very least let her know what your intentions are :smile: take control bro, best of luck to you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending