The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Research Methods - UoL options?

Hi all,

I earned my MSc in Comp Pol from LSE in 2010. Since graduation, I've been working in conflict/dev and have realised the value of research methods to progressing in my field...and also to creating the opportunity for venturing into the private sector.

I'm interested in being in a win-win situation: continuing to work and undertaking post-graduate study in 'social research methods' (with a focus on quant).

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has undertaken King's PG Cert in Research Methods for Social Science and Health, LSE's MSc in Social Research Methods, or UCL's MSc in Public Policy?

Would be great to hear reviews from first-hand experience. As I mentioned, working and studying at the same time is a real draw, making King's programme the leading candidate.

Many thanks
I'd second the KCL course. It's much cheaper and if you already have an MSc I doubt you actually want another one, plus it's designed for people working at the same time. Other options (although probably less practical) are looking at short courses in quants, for example, Essex Summer School, the CSSR courses at Manchester or the training courses offered by the NCRM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending