The Student Room Group
Blood transfusions perhaps.
I heard you can get it over the internet
Reply 3
what about sharing of towels and flannels etc if you didn't know?
Reply 4
Anonymous
what about sharing of towels and flannels etc if you didn't know?

highly unlikely but possible
Reply 5
Yes it is very possible for it to be transmitted via towls, sponges, flannels, basically anything that comes into conntact with infected genitals and is then used by another person before the item is washed.

Why? Do you think you have infected someone or been infected in this way?

If it is likely a towl or similar has been used by someone with chlamydia be sure the item is boil washed (90 degrees c in most washing machines)

However infection in this way is very very rare, but as any GUM nurse/doctor will tell you, it can happen.
enigma2506
Yes it is very possible for it to be transmitted via towls, sponges, flannels, basically anything that comes into conntact with infected genitals and is then used by another person before the item is washed.

Why? Do you think you have infected someone or been infected in this way?

If it is likely a towl or similar has been used by someone with chlamydia be sure the item is boil washed (90 degrees c in most washing machines)

However infection in this way is very very rare, but as any GUM nurse/doctor will tell you, it can happen.

That is such bull. Its so ridiculously unlikely its pointless to ever even consider it.
how many towel makes do you think would survive being washed at 90 degrees?
All the ones that are pure cotton do.

I always wash towels at 90.
Reply 8
Highly unlikely. It is an STI.
Nothing a weeks worth of antibiotics can't sort out.
Reply 10
The main routes of infection are vaginal, anal, or oral sex and mother to baby transmission at childbirth.
Reply 11
Robot Chicken
That is such bull. Its so ridiculously unlikely its pointless to ever even consider it.
how many towel makes do you think would survive being washed at 90 degrees?

Do you do much washing?

Oh and if its that unlikely how come its common practice for most GUMs or GPs to mention it???? Believe me pal it does happen, but as I said, it is very rare
Reply 12
cubanarmy
You can get HIV from swimming in the same pool as a gay person.

Damm your a funny man

Or not you insensitive P****
enigma2506
Do you do much washing?

Oh and if its that unlikely how come its common practice for most GUMs or GPs to mention it???? Believe me pal it does happen, but as I said, it is very rare

enough to know that 40 degrees and some bio is more than enough to get towel clean, and is much more enrgy efficient than 90 with non-bio. plus you can bung other stuff in at the same time. perhaps its because i've never lived with anyone with 'sensitive skin'.

but most gps and gums don't say it. it isn't common practice, and isn't common enough to bother telling people about. i'm sure theres a few cases of herpes been picked up off toilet seats, but you tell people that and theyt are going to go completely anal about public loos.

Latest

Trending

Trending