The Student Room Group

I don't know if I have any chance of anything more than friendship with this girl

Hey, I am an inexperienced guy when it comes to dating and would describe my looks as 5/10. I go to this sports club at university once a week and have managed to befriend the organiser, a 10/10 girl who is also down to earth. I have shown some good personality traits to her, so much so that she has told me I should run for committee next year as I would make a good candidate. We get on well, I am able to make her laugh etc. Originally I didn't fall for her as she is way out of my league and knew I have no chance but now the more I have got to know her and display my personality to her, the more I am more attracted to her. Being a beautiful and sociable person she has many people she could date and has no reason to pick me as I am not that good looking and although I have a good personality, there are bound to be people she knows with good looks and good personality.

I have kept my eye out for indicators of interest but haven't seen any, only those which indicate friendship such as her saying what a great person I am when I help her out at the sports club. I have the feeling she likes me as a friend but doesn't feel attracted to me.

There is also this other girl at the sports club a 7/10 who I have befriended and she likes my personality however she has a boyfriend already. I also find her fun and interesting and a person I would like to get to know better.

Do you think I am wasting my time here, I am showing great personality traits however I think I am missing the appearance side and so will only be friends. I guess I can take confidence from this and use it as experience though and build confidence with girls.

What are your thoughts/tips?
Reply 1
one-does-not-simply-get-out-of-the-friend-zone.jpg
Reply 2
Original post by Albino
one-does-not-simply-get-out-of-the-friend-zone.jpg

So you think I'm in the friendzone already? I have known her for 10 weeks meeting her 1 -2 times a week for an hour.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I am an inexperienced guy when it comes to dating and would describe my looks as 5/10. I go to this sports club at university once a week and have managed to befriend the organiser, a 10/10 girl who is also down to earth. I have shown some good personality traits to her, so much so that she has told me I should run for committee next year as I would make a good candidate. We get on well, I am able to make her laugh etc. Originally I didn't fall for her as she is way out of my league and knew I have no chance but now the more I have got to know her and display my personality to her, the more I am more attracted to her. Being a beautiful and sociable person she has many people she could date and has no reason to pick me as I am not that good looking and although I have a good personality, there are bound to be people she knows with good looks and good personality.

I have kept my eye out for indicators of interest but haven't seen any, only those which indicate friendship such as her saying what a great person I am when I help her out at the sports club. I have the feeling she likes me as a friend but doesn't feel attracted to me.

There is also this other girl at the sports club a 7/10 who I have befriended and she likes my personality however she has a boyfriend already. I also find her fun and interesting and a person I would like to get to know better.

Do you think I am wasting my time here, I am showing great personality traits however I think I am missing the appearance side and so will only be friends. I guess I can take confidence from this and use it as experience though and build confidence with girls.

What are your thoughts/tips?

Dude don't label girls as 10/10 that's not cool and btw there is no one in the who is 10/10 maybe 9. Anyway just go up to the girl you life talk to her a little or just walk up to her and ask for her number and say you like her it really isn't hard and if they reject you move onto another girl that's how it works BROSKI!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by Farid Jalil
Dude don't label girls as 10/10 that's not cool and btw there is no one in the who is 10/10 maybe 9. Anyway just go up to the girl you life talk to her a little or just walk up to her and ask for her number and say you like her it really isn't hard and if they reject you move onto another girl that's how it works BROSKI!

Thanks fellow Broski, however if she rejects me it kind of makes the whole going to the sports club awkward and could ruin a perfectly decent friendship.
Reply 5
Original post by Farid Jalil

Also I know its not cool to rate girls but it helps you understand the scenario a bit better. And yes your right 10/10s probably don't exist just like unicorns. She is a 9/10.
Reply 6
So you think I'm in the friendzone already? I have known her for 10 weeks meeting her 1 -2 times a week for an hour.

No but the more you criticize your appearance the more it will matter, it hardly matters in getting girls anymore just make her laugh and keep it interesting everything else will just happen
Reply 7
Original post by Albino
No but the more you criticize your appearance the more it will matter, it hardly matters in getting girls anymore just make her laugh and keep it interesting everything else will just happen

Maybe I should try and be a bit more flirty before its too late. However I will keep it subtle just in case?
Reply 8
bump
bump

give her a sports sock drenched in cum as a token of your affection :smile:
Original post by AwsomePossum
give her a sports sock drenched in cum as a token of your affection :smile:

Classy :wink: just try talking to her a bit more often. Don't be pushy but after a while, try and spend time with her outside of the sports club

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by minifridge
Classy :wink: just try talking to her a bit more often. Don't be pushy but after a while, try and spend time with her outside of the sports club

Posted from TSR Mobile

if the OP really loved her he would of laminated it so she doesnt get her hands sticky :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by minifridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it be weird to ask her to hang out seens as she is so much better looking and has lots of friends? Why would she want to hang out with me even if we do get along well? I'm scared of rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending