The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Can QMUL students join BL societies?

is it allowed and if so, is it really awkward and unheard of?

i really want to join a waterpolo club but QMUL doesn't have one.
Alternatively, start a water polo club?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Rooster523
Alternatively, start a water polo club?

well it'd be hard as a first year and i would rather not tbh
Reply 3
Original post by helpmeoutbro
well it'd be hard as a first year and i would rather not tbh

Not sure - as a BL student you're a member of BLSA, not QMSU (and vice versa). Probably worth asking at the Blomeley Centre.

There's a ULU waterpolo club if for whatever reason you're not able to join the BLSA one btw.
Reply 4
Original post by Democracy
Not sure - as a BL student you're a member of BLSA, not QMSU (and vice versa). Probably worth asking at the Blomeley Centre.

There's a ULU waterpolo club if for whatever reason you're not able to join the BLSA one btw.

it was just i am pretty sure BL students can join QMUL socs, I think I read that on here somewhere. But yes, I totally forgot about ULU, that could be the solution because I heard med students are cliquey which was why I was worried.
Reply 5
Original post by Democracy

do you know if UL socs are as sociable as university socs like QMUL? i can see they are active in the sport they do but do they also arrange socials etc?
Reply 6
do you know if UL socs are as sociable as university socs like QMUL? i can see they are active in the sport they do but do they also arrange socials etc?

I think so, I remember one of my old flatmates going to ULU socials anyway. Probably best to ask though, I'm a graduate - things may have changed since I was at QMUL and BL :smile:
Reply 7
is it allowed and if so, is it really awkward and unheard of?

i really want to join a waterpolo club but QMUL doesn't have one.

I believe so, as BL union is under QMSU and some go to each others societies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending