The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Student life at lse??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JamesAds
Okay I’ll just jump in here to offer an alternative perspective about LSE, because there are probably a few confused applicants out there who could benefit. And because I’m slightly drunk and have an essay due in for tomorrow. LSE is a different kind of university; its campus is small and its student body is diverse. For some this can be problematic and people on TSR are emphatically obsessed with the question of ‘social life’ but my experience here has been almost totally positive. I figure that for certain types of people, it just clicks.

LSE students put on a candle-lit gig in an old church in Kings Cross before heading out to an after-party in Dalston. I was watching a vice documentary about Pakistan and a mate nonchalantly mentioned that he lived a few streets away from where it was filmed. I’m going on a LSE student run trip to North Korea in a few days’ time. A course friend popped up in last week’s glossy magazines for pulling a certain celeb (can’t say any more). I’m spending most of my summer couch surfing at friends’ houses around Europe. I and around 80 other students were put in a room with John McCain for an hour. No one cares about background here. These are just a few things that spring to mind, and I have reason to believe that these sorts of experiences are atypical when compared to other unis. This is not me trying to show off it’s just that some people post negative anecdotes, so I figure I should post some positive ones.

You are not entirely depraved of #unay life if that’s your thing you can go to Zoo Bar with the AU every Wednesday, go for team dinners, make the most of London nightlife, play Fifa in the CR, go on tour/ski trip & grab a pint in the Tuns, but the people, the atmosphere and the work load are all indicative of so so much more (although the lad/lass stuff is of course fun and LSE isn’t at all devoid of people interested in this).

Will I have a good time here? Sociallifesociallifesociallifesociallife? I can’t answer your question. I’m in second year. Exams are on the horizon. The weather is still gloomy. The careers stuff is there if you want it, but shouldn’t bother you if you don’t. But, what’s there not to be positive about?

For more on the LSE zeitgeist, see: http://www.issuu.com/readbeaveronline/docs/791

One more important question that seems to have gone unchecked. Are there many hot girls?:perv:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending