The Student Room Group

what to do now i have told his mom?

Hey i hope you are all well.
Basically, my partner and I have been together for a few years. Yesterday was mothers day and unfortunately we lost our child through a miscarriage early on. I was terribly upset as was he. We never told anyone as we were young, scared and didn't want a fuss.
It hurts but we never discussed it, we just papered over the subject.
I got emotional, he wasn't around I couldnt get in touch with him and I had bottled this up for years. I rang his mom and I told her, she was so lovely about it and says she is there for me for everything. But now I feel awkward about seeing her again. We have never been close but last night I poured my heart out to her. I even thought about buying her a gift for being so kind.. Or is that corny? X

anon please for the nature of this post x
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey i hope you are all well.
Basically, my partner and I have been together for a few years. Yesterday was mothers day and unfortunately we lost our child through a miscarriage early on. I was terribly upset as was he. We never told anyone as we were young, scared and didn't want a fuss.
It hurts but we never discussed it, we just papered over the subject.
I got emotional, he wasn't around I couldnt get in touch with him and I had bottled this up for years. I rang his mom and I told her, she was so lovely about it and says she is there for me for everything. But now I feel awkward about seeing her again. We have never been close but last night I poured my heart out to her. I even thought about buying her a gift for being so kind.. Or is that corny? X

anon please for the nature of this post x

I think as a woman and more importantly as a mother she can understand, I dont think she would judge you for it or think badly of you, no one should as it is a horrible thing for anyone to ever go through, and in someways she was maybe the better person to talk to,

Although us guys have special bonds with our children also, we are not the ones who carry the child and I can imagine that is a very deep emotional thing that we mightent ever understand as men,

It is good that his mother is there for you, alot of women mightent be able to talk to their partners mother, or even get on with them,

I'd say buying her a gift isnt corney at all, it shows you appreciate what she did for you and that you are greatful for that, then again you put great trust in her which is a gift in itself, Im sure she felt priveledged that you went to her, but everyone always loves a present and I'm sure she would too!

I hope this helps in anyway, and would say dont worry as Im sure anyone would have done the same in your shoes!

take care!
Reply 2
Thank you! I'm a little worried about seeing her but I'm sure a present would help.. Its always an excuse to go shopping! :-)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! I'm a little worried about seeing her but I'm sure a present would help.. Its always an excuse to go shopping! :-)

That's the spirit! sure a present is always a good icebreaker, It's like "thanks for the other night I got you this to say thank you" sort of thing, she probably wont even talk into it anymore!

I am possitive you will be fine :smile: but yes nerves are horrible, hope you have fun shopping lol

Quick Reply

Latest