The Student Room Group

Do I have the grades I need?

Okay I am going to put my cards on the table; due to not working hard enough at GCSE I only ended up with:

4A*'s, 5A's, 1B and then an A in AS equivalent maths exam which was the maximum grade available

I want to apply to Bristol, Durham, Exeter, UCL and Warwick to study either law or politics. I have checked each of the UCAS things and most of them just say at GCSE they require B's in English or Maths but nothing more. However from these forums there have been suggestions that they need good GCSEs and I basically want to know if you think I might have made the cut, or whether I should give up on those universities. I am working much harder now and in my AS exams are predicted between AAAA and AAAB depending on whether my English gets a little better.

Anyone with any insight please reply, even if you think it might not be what I want to hear,

Thanks in advance!
I really don't think you need to be asking! Those GCSE's are amazing! There's no doubt you could get into Oxbridge if you wanted to! :smile:
Your GCSE's are fine for those unis, don't worry.
Reply 3
Very good GCSE's, and very good AS predictions. You can literally go anywhere you want with those grades. Don't worry too much about the B, assuming you're dropping it. They mainly look at your 3 A-Levels, however, don't disregard of it (and I'm sure you won't) because every little helps! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Thank you all so much, I am definitely not Oxbridge material but I have just been freaking myself out thinking I am not good enough for any of them and worrying! Thanks to everyone for your help x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending