The Student Room Group

Current Medics at Barts or GKT

Hello everyone,

I'm currently holding offers for the A100 course at both Barts and King's. I'm an international applicant from the US and was able to visit both and loved both of them when I went for my interviews.

I was wondering if any current students could maybe tell me why they chose one over the other, pros and cons of each, and any other information that you like or dislike about the A100 course and the University itself ; in all aspects.

I still have yet to reply, and initially I was favoring King's but decided that I wanted to hear more opinions on both.

In addition, at either university, would it be possible to become involved in research with other doctors or personnel at the teaching hospitals?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!
Original post by GRNS
Hello everyone,

I'm currently holding offers for the A100 course at both Barts and King's. I'm an international applicant from the US and was able to visit both and loved both of them when I went for my interviews.

I was wondering if any current students could maybe tell me why they chose one over the other, pros and cons of each, and any other information that you like or dislike about the A100 course and the University itself ; in all aspects.

I still have yet to reply, and initially I was favoring King's but decided that I wanted to hear more opinions on both.

In addition, at either university, would it be possible to become involved in research with other doctors or personnel at the teaching hospitals?

Can't be bothered to list pro's and cons for BL, and never applied to GKT so can't answer that, but have you seen this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=812998 (you can read but not post as it's in the current medics subforum :tongue:)

Research-wise - yes it is possible here at BL. you need to be very committed, and a background with research is preferred, and usually give up a fair amount of time over summer. But it is possible :smile:
Original post by GRNS
Hello everyone,

As has been said check the link to the pros/cons thread. Both GKT and Barts are in there.

In terms of research, it doesn't matter which med school you may be at, it's just about being ridiculously keen and/or finding the right person at the right time. So there is no advantage there at being at either school.
Reply 3
Hey guys,
Sorry for the super late response :smile:

I appreciate the link and it cleared up some things for me.
Also I think the research solution, from what i can gather, is similar to the situation at most US schools, where only the people who are in fact as you said "really keen" find proper research positions.

Thanks again, I don't think you understand how much I appreciate everyone's input :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending