The Student Room Group

can't figure out what wrong with this outfit!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Those god awful shoes
oh god where do I start?

1) You've used so much black that when you try adding the slightest bit of colour it just comes up as weird.

2) Your top is too short with leggings. It doesn't matter if you have a nice ass, it's still a no no.

3) Those shoes are making such a statement in contrast to the boring black that everyone's attention would be drawn too much to your feet.

4) Erm, accessories?

That is all I can think of for now :tongue:

Original post by sausageez
ok, i'm scrapping the whole thing and wearing a dress

Much better.

Sorry for going on too much :laugh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by 2ndClass
Those god awful shoes

hey! i love those shoes :redface:
Reply 23
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
oh god where do I start?

You've used so much black that when you try adding the slightest bit of colour it just comes up as daunting.

Your top is too short with leggings. It doesn't matter if you have a nice ass, it's still a no no.

Those shoes are making such a statement in contrast to the boring black that everyone's attention would be drawn too much to your feet.

Much better.

Sorry for going on too much :laugh:

say if i wore a black bandeau top underneath the vest and kept everything else, that look alright, yeah? and thanks for the back handed compliment on my ass :colondollar:
say if i wore a black bandeau top underneath the vest and kept everything else, that look alright, yeah? and thanks for the back handed compliment on my ass :colondollar:

The lack of lack of accessories worries me too :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
The lack of lack of accessories worries me too :tongue:

i was just trying it on for the photos, i've got medium sized hoop earrings,a bracelet and a couple small rings
Reply 26
You've got a lovely figure. I don't like the shoes though, colour doesn't match and I don't like the gold under the black. Aside from that, I like it.
The whole thing is what's wrong with it. Find a knee length dress or something...
I think you should wear something else but keep the shoes.
there's something wrong with this outfit that i can't quite figure out,it just doesn't look right can anyone help? it's for a mate's 18th. Should i wear black under the vest? should i wear shorts instead? black shoes? untie the vest? more accessories? scrap the whole outfit and wear a dress?

Your legs are nice :blush:
(Keeping in mind my style isn't like this at all...)

My opinions:

- Ditch yellow bandeau and replace with a black one (or another top)
- If your trousers are leggings, replace with jeans or wear a longer top to cover your bum.
- If you want to wear those heels, perhaps try and find another pop of blue to tie it all together so it doesn't look like 'all black outfit with stupid blue shoes'. Do you have a clutch the same colour?
- Have something to wear over the top of your top? Blazer, leather jacket etc...

Personally, I think this look would look lovely if you used items like these:

tsroutfit.jpg

Now, I'm not saying that that's a perfect outfit or anything, but if you really want to wear those shoes, tying them in with something the same colour should make them look like part of the outfit. Hopefully those pieces demonstrate that in theory what you're wanting to wear can work (with a black bandeau of course, I just couldn't be bothered finding one online to put in it), but just needs a little tweaking.
I don't actually like the whole outfit. Looks kind of tacky to me. No offence.

But change the shoes :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
I've just officially learnt that ladies' fashion is more complicated than a Chinese puzzle.
Reply 33
there's something wrong with this outfit that i can't quite figure out,it just doesn't look right can anyone help? it's for a mate's 18th. Should i wear black under the vest? should i wear shorts instead? black shoes? untie the vest? more accessories? scrap the whole outfit and wear a dress?

I love the shoes, where did you get them from?
Reply 34
Original post by snailsareslimy
(Keeping in mind my style isn't like this at all...)

My opinions:

- Ditch yellow bandeau and replace with a black one (or another top)
- If your trousers are leggings, replace with jeans or wear a longer top to cover your bum.
- If you want to wear those heels, perhaps try and find another pop of blue to tie it all together so it doesn't look like 'all black outfit with stupid blue shoes'. Do you have a clutch the same colour?
- Have something to wear over the top of your top? Blazer, leather jacket etc...

Personally, I think this look would look lovely if you used items like these:

tsroutfit.jpg

Now, I'm not saying that that's a perfect outfit or anything, but if you really want to wear those shoes, tying them in with something the same colour should make them look like part of the outfit. Hopefully those pieces demonstrate that in theory what you're wanting to wear can work (with a black bandeau of course, I just couldn't be bothered finding one online to put in it), but just needs a little tweaking.

yes, i'm buying a black bandeau top when i have money and i have a clutch in the same shade of blue, as i said in one of my previous posts, i'm going to put a blazer over it when i'm outside but it'll get hot after a few minutes of dancing so i'll eventually take it off. But thanks a lot :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by I have a question
Your legs are nice :blush:

aw thank u :biggrin:
Reply 36
i don't like midi skirts, my legs are really chunky and they don't me any favours :frown: but the top is quite long so i'll buy a black bandeau when i get paid and maybe put a blazer over it :smile:

I feel your pain on the midi skirts, I have an hourglass figure but as soon as I put one on my legs look enormous. I have to stick to short or fitted skirts really.
I would've gone for a different top. That one doesn't look good.
Reply 38
Original post by meenu89
I love the shoes, where did you get them from?

i got them off ebay, they say ACADO on the inside though, but i can't find an acado website though :s-smilie:
Reply 39

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending