The Student Room Group

Which one????

I am currently in Year 11 and choosing my A Level subjects for next year. I definitely want to do English Lit/Lang combined, history, and maths - but I can't decide between French and Biology for my final option. I did my French GCSE last year and got an A* and I'm predicted an A* in Biology. I have no idea what career I want to have in the future or what course I want to study at university. Which one do you think would leave more pathways open to me?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Personally I would say French, as universities really value language skills and so do employers. Biology is good too, but I think the fact that you already want to do a level maths proves that you're logical and academic, French would add more scope to your subjects!
Personally i would say do the one that you enjoy, as i found that a levels are a lot more work and if you don't enjoy it you may not be as motivated to do the work! I study A2 English literature, sociology and psychology, i also have a AS in history.

I am in my last year of a levels and i still have no idea what to do with my life! I also found that the work load when i started college was bigger and the jump from high school to college was huge so the work is so much harder. Some people underestimate the work load and how difficult the work actually is.

I've chosen to study subjects at university what i enjoy as its going to be a lot of work and I'm going to have to study hard for 3 full years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest