The Student Room Group

How do you maintain a new friendship over the 4 week University holiday?

I met this person at university at a society and things have been going well. I have made a good impression on them and really enjoy going to the society just to spend time with them, I think they would make a great friend, and it seems they enjoy spending time with me.

However now the 4 week Easter holiday is coming up and I don't want everything so far to be forgotten as like I say I think I have made a great impression and the friendship is going well so far however 4 weeks is a long time.

Do you think this is something to be worried about? I was thinking that half way through the holiday to Facebook them and ask how their holiday is going. Is this all I can do?
Reply 1
Get their number, then text them.
Original post by McFlury
Get their number, then text them.

That would be a good idea, however I won't see them now until after the holidays. Today was the last society meeting. I'm also not very good making up excuses to get peoples phone numbers :P
Reply 3
Facebook it is then, if they show up on chat you could ask them what they're up to over the 4 weeks. You could even end up getting their number then.
Reply 4
btw is this just a potential friend or girl friend?
Original post by McFlury
btw is this just a potential friend or girl friend?

Yeah, I guess I could ask them what they are planning on doing, and then later in the holiday asking how its going.

Its a girl and I think I would have stood a great chance of becoming her boyfriend but she already has one so I am just looking to be friends as I really like her personality.
Reply 6
Yeh that's a good idea, you never know what might happen in the future either.
Original post by McFlury
Yeh that's a good idea, you never know what might happen in the future either.

Cheers, hopefully she will break up with him :P
Reply 8
By talking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending