The Student Room Group

Where could my A-levels take me?

Currentely I am studying,

English Lit
Ancient History
Music Technology
Computing

I am just wondering what this sort of combination of a levels (would drop 1 second year)could take me to in terms of a career

Thanks.

I got an A in 40% of my Computing course so far but I struggle with the programming so not sure if I will keep it, tell me what you think :smile:
Reply 1
English lit. and history would smoothly lead you into a career in law, or even journalism
History is also great for management and economics at uni, because studying sources really helps you interpret the emotions of others:smile:
Music technology is great for engineering but i suppose maths would also be necessary then.
To be honest you subjects are quite broad, the career options you can cancel out though are medicine and anything involving physics, apart from that go for anything else!
To a converted flat above your mums garage?
Reply 3
Original post by artisha
English lit. and history would smoothly lead you into a career in law, or even journalism
History is also great for management and economics at uni, because studying sources really helps you interpret the emotions of others:smile:
Music technology is great for engineering but i suppose maths would also be necessary then.
To be honest you subjects are quite broad, the career options you can cancel out though are medicine and anything involving physics, apart from that go for anything else!

Thanks. It's just Journalisim and law are meant to be very hard to get into. Especially since many people go for these career options.
Reply 4
Original post by Bipolarb3ar
To a converted flat above your mums garage?

Haven't even got a garage mate.

Quick Reply

Latest