The Student Room Group

Ingenie & iKube car insurance

Hi, Anyone who has used either company can you help me please. I'm trying to get quotes on a 1.2 clio - shouldn't be too expensive but quotes are near enough £3000. I've read online some people can get atleast half that, so if you have used it can you tell me what you put on the form to get it so low? Thanks in advance!
Original post by harryjwilson
Hi, Anyone who has used either company can you help me please. I'm trying to get quotes on a 1.2 clio - shouldn't be too expensive but quotes are near enough £3000. I've read online some people can get atleast half that, so if you have used it can you tell me what you put on the form to get it so low? Thanks in advance!

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what Harry over there got, as insurance prices are unique to your situation. To try and get cheaper prices, make sure you read THIS and THIS (linked to from the Car Insurance sticky), but unfortunately some people are going to get cheaper insurance than others due to factors such as location, where they can store the car, etc.
Does it have to be one of them?
If not, look around. I'm with Carrot Insurance, simply because they were the cheapest, but you might get it cheaper elsewhere?
Reply 3
I've been looking round everywhere. Cheapest so far is 1500 from coop
Original post by harryjwilson
I've been looking round everywhere. Cheapest so far is 1500 from coop

Thats 50% cheaper than mine used to be lol, i changed car so pay another £700 extra now. But that was my cheapest

Have you tried the comparison website, Tiger? Google tiger insurance, a lot of the providers are insure the box type
Reply 5
Tried them, also a high quote!
Reply 6
NEVER USE I-KUBE!!! I had them for a year and was crashed into towards the end of my policy when it was due for renewal. I was crashed into by a foreign driver and because they couldn't locate the driver's insurance company because they didn't speak polish, they asked me to try and ring them. WHICH I DID! But the cheek of them to ask me! I cancelled the rest of my policy and went through an independent solicitor to try and get the claim sorted out. THEY ARE THE MOST USELESS INSURANCE COMPANY EVER!!!!!
Reply 7
I was with iKube, think mine was about 1800 for a 1.2 61 plate corsa. But i had one of those black boxes. Without it they were quoting me 6000.
Hi Natasha
Have you had any problems with them so far? I've heard that some black box companies charge penalties or increase prices after a few months because their excuse is "your driving is really bad". I am looking at carrot as well but can't decide. What do you think?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending