The Student Room Group

A- Level destination?!

Hey guys!

I am currently in year 11 studying for my GCSEs. I am also in the process of deciding what I want to do for my A Levels and also where I want to go to do them.

I am at a comprehensive school at the moment, which I have been at for my entire school life. However, I have become aware over the years that I will receive a much better education at a grammar school and therefore have applied for a couple, which have both offered my places.

My question is, should I really go through the process of moving schools? Getting to know the other students, learning the way of the school and getting to know the other teachers when I could just stay at my current school and work as hard as I would at the grammar? Is attending a grammar school for my A Levels really worth the move? Note: The grammar schools that have offered me a place both have an A*-E pass at A Level of 99%.

Reply 1
I've got an A at A2, and AAA (to be A*AA at A2) so far, and I'm at the crappiest college I've ever seen.

If you can motivate yourself, and are actually determined to do well, then which college you go to is irrelevant. If you think a bit of spoon-feeding and extra homework at the grammar school will help you, then switch. If you are willing to work because you actually want to work, then it won't matter. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest