The Student Room Group

Differin (adapalene) and 'acne' medication help needed

Ok I have always had good skin with the exception of some clogged pores, but I've noticed that over the past year, my skin has gotten progressively worse :mad: My forehead has gotten tiny little bumps and around my nose too and it's really pissing me off. Anyways my dermatologist told me to use Differin gel which is meant to make your pores clearer but it hasn't been working at all. I guess I haven't been using it every day as recommended, but even when I used it everyday for a week, nothing happened! Has anyone had any experiences using this medication? Or can anyone recommend something else that I should ask my dermatologist for? Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
How long have you been using it? I used it in conjunction with tetracyclin, and it took about a month to start working, so you should persevere if you haven't had it that long. Having said that, it might be that it's not strong enough, in which case you might have to go back and ask for oral medication.
Differin didn't do anything for me but Benzamycin gel is good (contains benzoyl peroxide).
Reply 3
Try Benzaclyn...i think thats how you spell it..its ok. But I use proactiv...and im not getting paid to advertise or anything lol but it really does work...you ust cant miss any days once your first starting and people will notice the difference :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending