The Student Room Group

Psychology PSYA3/4

Hi, I got my results back and have got an E in PSYA3, so i'm retaking that this summer. I really need help, the topics i am studying are: Sleep, Aggression and Eating Behaviours. I really need to try and ace both exams as i want to do psychology at university. Can anyone try give me any helpful tips or anything? I really need it.
Reply 1
Hi I got an A in this exam last year. I might have a few essays I wrote. I could send them to you? I did sleep and aggression but not eating behaviours.
Reply 2
im studying counselling and psychology. your course may be more specific than mine, but i can try and help :smile:
Reply 3
Key words and background studies get extra marks
Reply 4
koko345 that would be amazing! thankyou!
and thankyou hollybee92:smile:
do either of you have good ways to revise? im going to try and revise as much as possible in these holidays!
thanks again:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by potato potato
koko345 that would be amazing! thankyou!
and thankyou hollybee92:smile:
do either of you have good ways to revise? im going to try and revise as much as possible in these holidays!
thanks again:smile:

Condensing all the material is the way I did it. If you message me your email I can send you those essays
Reply 6
thankyou and yes i will do that now:smile: thanks again!
Reply 7
Original post by koko345
Hi I got an A in this exam last year. I might have a few essays I wrote. I could send them to you? I did sleep and aggression but not eating behaviours.

Hi I'm struggling on perception and aggression, how do you structure your essays?
Reply 8
Original post by Nabzyawan
Hi I'm struggling on perception and aggression, how do you structure your essays?

The structure depends on whether the question is parted or not. If you have a parted question where part a is outline and part b is evaluate then the structure I'd follow would be this
Part a) outline a direct theory about perceptual organisation
1.introduction:
perception refers to..
gibson's theory of perceptual organisation states (briefly state what the theory says about perception)
2. Explain how Gibson says perception works. So talk about sensory input etc
3. Go in to detail. Gibson suggested movement is an important part of perception (explain)
4Gibson states that the optic array is... ( talk about optic array)
5. Gibson also introduced the concept of affordances in perceptual organisation... (Explain)
6. Conclusion: summarise all main points
Then for part b you evaluate so talk about things that support the theory and things that don't support it.
Does this help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending