The Student Room Group

Uni vs work help

So been offered a promotion at work and I'm inclined to take it. Means 39 hours a week at work and my masters will have to take a back seat. I will still be submitting work for this semester however it would appear most of my tutors are against the idea even though I'm more then capable then doing assignments at home as I did my degree only last year. Seems like I'm trying to better myself but uni do not seem to care. What can I do? I want to do the job as it is a clear sign of progression within a company that I have worked in for over 2.5 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
In my opinion, university is priority. However, in the short term work would be more beneficial. If you feel that taking the promotion will hinder your studies, don't take the promotion. If you find that you can manage with both, and get the same grade prior to the promotion, then it's only rational that you take the promotion for more money and a greater position within the hierarchical structure.
Reply 2
Well I've discussed coming back next year to finish my dissertation as we can leave at the end of each semester and this has been fine with the uni. I only have next week before the Easter break and uni are not very supportive with getting a job etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
No one seems to understand my way of thinking at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest