The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ..Tatty..
I've firmed for Fine Art :smile:

I don't know whether to get a cheaper room with a shared bathroom or a more expensive en suite? :/

I've never had a problem with a shared bathroom personally :smile: none of my fine art friends have; many of whom are in my hall or the ones near me

Original post by Jaadex
So we start applying for accommodation from around May/June? Because I know a lot of my friends have already applied for their's at other unis?

Will be firming Management Science soon!!!

Yeah I think it's roughly around then off the top of my head. Perhaps April-June is the most accurate window haha but I have no idea exactly!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 41
With it being Lboro i just have to ask.. What sports are you all interested in/hope to get involved with? :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by AGroves
With it being Lboro i just have to ask.. What sports are you all interested in/hope to get involved with? :smile:

RUGBY ! It is such a high standard,apparently if you get into the 2nd team as a fresher you have done good. Looking forward to it tho ! What about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend went Loughborough the year before me and he plays for the Rugby league first team, only 2 freshers in the team, he's had an England call up and so did his team mate. The standard for sport is just so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've firmed for Textiles design :smile:

Just unsure about which of the halls would be the best for me :s-smilie:
Original post by AChrysanthou
I've firmed for Textiles design :smile:

Just unsure about which of the halls would be the best for me :s-smilie:

Somewhere near LUSAD perhaps :smile:
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Somewhere near LUSAD perhaps :smile:

Thanks, i'll definitely look at the east halls :smile:
Is it possible to switch courses? I've already firmed economics at Loughborough but I wanna switch to maths with economics at Loughborough :/ does anyone know what I should do? I really don't know :/
Reply 48
Original post by ibkareem1
RUGBY ! It is such a high standard,apparently if you get into the 2nd team as a fresher you have done good. Looking forward to it tho ! What about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah each sport has like 5 teams! Crazy for me coming from a high school with like 400 people (guys and girls) that can barely put together 1 football team with subs.

I was very keen on athletics up until September where I stopped due to studies. But it's something I'll be picking up again. Lboros facilities and coaching is just too good to not start again!
Reply 49
Original post by footballman1
Is it possible to switch courses? I've already firmed economics at Loughborough but I wanna switch to maths with economics at Loughborough :/ does anyone know what I should do? I really don't know :/

I'm in a similar situation. I'm supposedly going for just geography. But I want to change to geography with management. I don't know what the process of changing is but I know it is possible.

I think you need to get the grades for the course you want to do (so not just the grades for economics.) but email the application people and ask I'm sure they will be keen to help :smile:
What halls are everyone applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AGroves
I'm in a similar situation. I'm supposedly going for just geography. But I want to change to geography with management. I don't know what the process of changing is but I know it is possible.

I think you need to get the grades for the course you want to do (so not just the grades for economics.) but email the application people and ask I'm sure they will be keen to help :smile:

Contact the admissions staff at the department you've applied to and ask if there's any possibility of your offer being switched to the other course. For economics switching to maths with economics that might be a little trickier since you'd be changing the major part of your degree.
Reply 52

I don't know about the maths side, but about 2-3 days ago I asked the admissions tutor if I could change from Accounting and Financial Management to Economics, and my applications was sent to the economics dept and today I got an email saying that he'd given me an offer and I could change. :smile:
Reply 53
Firming for Aero Engineering (although thinking of asking if I can change to Chem Eng :/ ) ... Eitherway, going to be firming Lboro :biggrin:
firmed human bio
Reply 55
Likely to be firming Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 56
Just firmed Electrical and Electronic Engineering. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Just firmed Fine Art :smile:
Original post by Turty
I'm doing Accounting and Financial Management, but everyone I see on here seems to want to do some sort of engineering haha! Which halls are you thinking of? :smile:

Im doing accounting and financial management too!!! 😄
Original post by irfan_patel
Im doing accounting and financial management too!!!

She's not any more though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending