The Student Room Group

A2 English Literature WJEC anyone? 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi everyone! I'm in a panic too :frown:

I really need to get a B if not an A in this, I got 157 ums last year and I was told I got a band 4 on my LT3. What grades/marks fall under the band 4 group?
Reply 81
Original post by lmon

I really need to get a B if not an A in this, I got 157 ums last year and I was told I got a band 4 on my LT3. What grades/marks fall under the band 4 group?

B/A grade - so on target!
Thanks lovely! I'm avoiding doing past papers like the plague. But I have been improving past essay's I've written. Although, I know I really ought to try and write them in timed conditions etc. I'm so nervous for the exam. but really just want it out of the way!! :biggrin: xxx
Original post by lmon

Why can't English teachers speak English?

You've just reminded me of all the 'Bands' and 'AOs' i've had to put up with all year

*has a nervous breakdown*
Does anyone else really struggle getting their AO3 part 2 (other interpretations) marks?
Reply 85
Original post by HistoryGal
Does anyone else really struggle getting their AO3 part 2 (other interpretations) marks?

Get a collection of quotes that are usable for many different aspects of your play and then I'm sure you will be able to weave them in somewhere in your essay. Don't forget that you will still get marks for offering your own interpretations, even the use of 'perhaps' gets marks.
Reply 86
Original post by iamthestig
Why can't English teachers speak English?

You've just reminded me of all the 'Bands' and 'AOs' i've had to put up with all year

*has a nervous breakdown*

I know I know !!! A week today it will be all over and done with though :colondollar:
Original post by SiriusCybernetics
How many of the poems are you going to learn for Blake? And are we suppose to memorise whole poems or just certain lines?

I've been looking at example answers from past papers that both got A's..The amount of quotes they actually used in their answers weren't excessive but I'd still recommend learning as many quotes as you can - especially ones that can be applied to different themes. For example 'The Chimney Sweeper' could be linked to the suffering of children, religion, Marxist critics etc

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by shaunakotecha
I've been looking at example answers from past papers that both got A's..The amount of quotes they actually used in their answers weren't excessive but I'd still recommend learning as many quotes as you can - especially ones that can be applied to different themes. For example 'The Chimney Sweeper' could be linked to the suffering of children, religion, Marxist critics etc

Hope this helps! :smile:

Is it possible to upload/link to these model answers? If you can't it's no bother.

Are you learning any quotes from Marxist critics? Or are you going to just adopt the approach of 'The Marxist interpretation of 'hapless soldier's sigh' would be that it represents the exploitation of the the subaltern'.
Reply 89
is anyone doing the white devil? i'm so stressed for this and i really need a B :frown:
Reply 90
*Pulls hair out*
Reply 91
Original post by s_axo
*Pulls hair out*
literally the same :confused:
Reply 92
How many/what poems are people learning for Blake?
Reply 93
Original post by georgiapal
literally the same :confused:

Haha. I've been studying so much and I still feel bladdy nervous.

Original post by Konshi
How many/what poems are people learning for Blake?

I've learnt around 12/13. I want to learn a few more, though.
Reply 94
Original post by s_axo
Haha. I've been studying so much and I still feel bladdy nervous.

I've learnt around 12/13. I want to learn a few more, though.

Have you learnt them off by heart, or just the 'important' sections.. if there is any such distinction for Blake's poetry? :redface:
Reply 95
Original post by Selym95
Have you learnt them off by heart, or just the 'important' sections.. if there is any such distinction for Blake's poetry? :redface:

I took the route of just learning the most notable features, such as particular salient imagery. I also have been learning a little about the structure. E.g regular rhymes allude to the idea of 'songs' which link to Blake's views of an 'inner song' as well as the rise of Methodism that Blake was interested in, almost inevitably :smile:
Reply 96
People who are studying Blake/King Lear can we get some form of idea sharing in this topic? I'm finding this exam hard to revise the poems, quotes and context alone. It's boring re-reading on your own.
wrong thread sorry :3
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 98
Keep calm everyone! You will all get your A*s - Bs!!!!!!! WE CAN DO IT :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Does anyone have any useful/key revenge tragedy quotes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending