The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lse and ucl offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JWz
I would have no chance for economics! hahaha.
Stats, Econ and Finance at UCL and Stats with Finance at LSE.
UCL offer is A*AA whilst LSE offer is AAA.

Ah I see my bad :smile: haha and u don't know that! I applied laughing to myself at how stupid it was to apply! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by Marblepumpkin
I agree with you up to a point however it's quite possibly to want both a brilliant degree with great job prospects along with wanting a proper university lifestyle and social life. At the end of the day, althought I would like, like you to eventually go into hedge fund, I see no point in just earning lots of money without also enjoying myself and having a good time :smile: haha congratulations to you too though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your grades UMS etc. Are you planning to do MBA or masters and if yes what GMAT are you aiming at?
Reply 22
I have an offer from LSE, and if i'm honest i'm not worried about the social aspect at all, i honestly think it's what you make of it. I don't have an offer from UCL, but i think it's hard to say overall which one is in 'black and white' better, for each course it is likely to alter slightly. I just don't think it's fair to dismiss a University for 'the students there', when the people you are likely to make bonds with, aren't there yet, and will be anxious about the social aspect also. I advise you to visit both, and whilst you're there think about where you can imagine yourself most at home in, each will be suited for different personalities.
Original post by the.cookie.monster
I agree with you on that one!
Although I don't really fancy going into finance/IB. All I know is I want to go into a maths-related career :biggrin:

Are u Doing economics too? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Glad to see that the spirit in which I wrote the thread is shining through :wink:- though I suppose it does demonstrate a breadth of opinion. Can any of you guys then give me your opinion on whether I should take LSE or UCL for Law (from a career point of view) and why. Note that I am not specifically set on a career in Law so would also be interested to know if a career in finance would be possible? Tea Party its a simple question so dont attack me:wink: Thanks
Yep!
By the 'too' I'm assuming you an economist as well :tongue: you going to the open day?

Haha indeed i am :biggrin: and I don't think so :/ I went to an open day in September and don't see how it will be any different, not sure there is much point :/ how about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm planning to go although then again I already live in London so its not really much of a hassle, plus I get to miss a day of school :colone:. I also wanted to have a look around the accomodation etc. and just make sure I'm making the right decision.
Are you planning on firming LSE?

I already have :smile: and I've out high Holborn as my top accommodation because saw it on the open day and it's so close! I know the walk would get annoying :smile: haha yea see I would have to catch a train and things so would just be hassle :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also anyone on the open day, please can they post what happens :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Guys do you know if we can apply for accommodation before accepting the offer as all we need our the lse stunt number which were in the offe letters. Also intercollegiate halls.... Anyone considering them?
Reply 29
Also anyone on the open day, please can they post what happens :smile:

Will do:smile:
Original post by KingofNil
Will do:smile:

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey i want to apply to both lse and ucl for economics next year. Probs also going to apply to cambridge and warwick etc. any tips? How were your guys' interviews? Advice and tips really needed :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 32
Original post by kiirankapoor
Hey i want to apply to both lse and ucl for economics next year. Probs also going to apply to cambridge and warwick etc. any tips? How were your guys' interviews? Advice and tips really needed :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hey glad to hear you're considering such grt unis. I don't know If the other unis do interviews but from my Cambridge interview (rejected) I can tell you what NOT to d. Firstly do not get flustered and start an inner monologue in your head about hous bad the interview is going if they CONSTANTLY challenge you. They'll do that even if the first sentence out of your mouth is an correct answer. Secondly take your time when answering.... I blabbed whatever came out of my mouth and said 10 lines where 1 would have done and internally contradicted myself. Take your time and be thorough in explaining your logic but do not ramble n. hope that helps.... Despite all my other grt offers the sting lingers
I already have :smile: and I've out high Holborn as my top accommodation because saw it on the open day and it's so close! I know the walk would get annoying :smile: haha yea see I would have to catch a train and things so would just be hassle :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't bother with the accomodation tour last time round :tongue: although High Holborn looks ridiculously expensive! I'm leaning more towards Bankside, its around a 20 minute walk I think, so a bit further out.
Also, bit of a stupid question but, do you know if we have to apply for student finance even if we don't intend to take out a loan?
I didn't bother with the accomodation tour last time round :tongue: although High Holborn looks ridiculously expensive! I'm leaning more towards Bankside, its around a 20 minute walk I think, so a bit further out.
Also, bit of a stupid question but, do you know if we have to apply for student finance even if we don't intend to take out a loan?

Yea it is :/ I'm justifying it to myself by saying I won't have to pay for transport aha :/ yes bank side even does ensuites! :smile: seemed a bit far away for me though haha, I'm so lazy....:/ and yes we do I think, even if we don't want a loan cause were still getting our fees subsided by the government :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingofNil
Hey glad to hear you're considering such grt unis. I don't know If the other unis do interviews but from my Cambridge interview (rejected) I can tell you what NOT to d. Firstly do not get flustered and start an inner monologue in your head about hous bad the interview is going if they CONSTANTLY challenge you. They'll do that even if the first sentence out of your mouth is an correct answer. Secondly take your time when answering.... I blabbed whatever came out of my mouth and said 10 lines where 1 would have done and internally contradicted myself. Take your time and be thorough in explaining your logic but do not ramble n. hope that helps.... Despite all my other grt offers the sting lingers

Thankss that helps. I do sometimes ramble on but other times stay completely queit "/. Thanks for your advice :biggrin:
Reply 36
Offers from both for Geog with/& Econ, really struggling to decide on same reasons really UCL really liked the department and good social, then LSE has amazing job prospects and is possibly more studious, really don't know, going to the open day on the 17th at LSE but only have until the 8th May to decide so at some point will have to bite the bullet and make a choice....
Reply 37
Hello all :-)
I accepted the offer from UCL and yesterday i asked a defer from LSE. So...Fingers crossed :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
got UCL, Cambridge, Imperial, Kings and York...

going to York. lol.

yolo.
Reply 39
Original post by izzywo25
Hey what made you decide UCL? + What do you mean defer LSE, sorry probably a silly question?

Yes i will attend UCL this september and next september i will be on LSE (or if i get an offer Cambridge)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending