The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Americans with Offers at UCL

Hey everyone :smile:

I'm applying from the states and I just received an offer from UCL for ESPS. I'm super excited because it's definitely the best course I've applied for out of all the colleges I've applied at, but unfortunately the offer is conditioned on me getting two 5s on my AP exams. I was wondering if there are any other people from the states in the same situation, and if they are as worried as I am about accepting an offer which won't be made unconditional until AP test results are out in late June. I was thinking that if KCL gives me a better offer I could use it as insurance and still apply for accommodation at a Univ of London Hall...but that still puts me in a weird situation for applying for government loans, as I won't know which college to apply for them for until late June or early July.

Thanks so much and I hope someone can provide some guidance!
Reply 1
I doubt you will get a lower offer at KCL. a 5 on the AP is comparable to an A-grade at our A-Level qualification.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by smcgoldrick95
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm applying from the states and I just received an offer from UCL for ESPS. I'm super excited because it's definitely the best course I've applied for out of all the colleges I've applied at, but unfortunately the offer is conditioned on me getting two 5s on my AP exams. I was wondering if there are any other people from the states in the same situation, and if they are as worried as I am about accepting an offer which won't be made unconditional until AP test results are out in late June. I was thinking that if KCL gives me a better offer I could use it as insurance and still apply for accommodation at a Univ of London Hall...but that still puts me in a weird situation for applying for government loans, as I won't know which college to apply for them for until late June or early July.

Thanks so much and I hope someone can provide some guidance!

HI :smile:
i actually am in a very similar position!
I applied For ESPS and i go to the American school, so my offer is 5, 5, as well!
I applied to KCL and their offer was much easier ( just one 5) so i insuranced that, maybe they will give you a lower offer as well!

I'm so excited about ESPS!
I live in London so i can guarantee you how awesome UCL is!
Original post by citigirl
HI :smile:
i actually am in a very similar position!
I applied For ESPS and i go to the American school, so my offer is 5, 5, as well!
I applied to KCL and their offer was much easier ( just one 5) so i insuranced that, maybe they will give you a lower offer as well!

I'm so excited about ESPS!
I live in London so i can guarantee you how awesome UCL is!

That's odd. In Canada it's the opposite with UCL giving decent offers of 90% averages and KCL giving ridiculous offers of 95%.
Reply 4
Original post by HibernatingSeal
That's odd. In Canada it's the opposite with UCL giving decent offers of 90% averages and KCL giving ridiculous offers of 95%.

it might be because I already have some exam grades from last year (5, 5, 4, 4,) and their offers range around AAA which they translated into 555
Reply 5
I'm an American with a UCL offer but I've lived in London for the past seven years so not sure that counts. :tongue: I wanted to ask you guys how well-known is UCL over there? I'm definitely moving back to America and I'm slightly concerned cause I had barely heard of any British unis before I moved here.
Hello! I have an offer for law (5,5). Kings gave me an unconditional offer so they're my insurance. I already had three 5s and two 4s. I'm really nervous about getting the two 5s. I'm also a bit annoyed because when I applied law students from the US had to have four 5s, so I expected to have an offer of just one more 5, but after I applied they changed it, saying your 5s had to be from your last two years, and my first 5 was from sophomore year. What APs are you guys taking? Which ones do you think you'll get your 5s in? I am taking Lit, Chem, Euro, and Psych, and I think I can definitely get a 5 in Psych, but it's a tossup for the others for me. I really hope I get them- Oxford rejected me, and if I can't go to UCL either I'm going to be really upset.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending