The Student Room Group

Change of circumstance form ?

i know it existed last year and now that i need it i cant find it!
i need help, my parents income has changed dramaticaly in the past year so they can no longer suport me whilst i study and the loan i get currently isnt enough to cover my maintance. i am re applying for student finance for the year 2013/14 but of course they only take into consideration what my parents earnt during the tax year 2011/2012 which is considerably higher to what they earn now.
what do i do ?
if student finance took into consideration what my parents earnt this tax year i would get an extra £1000 but i wont get that till next academic year but i need it for this academic year starting in 2013.
does anyone have any info on how i can let student finance know ? :confused:
Original post by HarriRow
i know it existed last year and now that i need it i cant find it!
i need help, my parents income has changed dramaticaly in the past year so they can no longer suport me whilst i study and the loan i get currently isnt enough to cover my maintance. i am re applying for student finance for the year 2013/14 but of course they only take into consideration what my parents earnt during the tax year 2011/2012 which is considerably higher to what they earn now.
what do i do ?
if student finance took into consideration what my parents earnt this tax year i would get an extra £1000 but i wont get that till next academic year but i need it for this academic year starting in 2013.
does anyone have any info on how i can let student finance know ? :confused:

Hello HarriRow, you are correct that you can ask for an award for your studies for the academic year starting September 2013 based on your parents earnings for the year 2013/14.

You will need to make an application for student finance as normal, but then submit a Current Year Income Assessment Form. This isn't available yet, which probably explains why you couldn't find it! According to Student Finance this form will be available in April. When it is you can use their "Form Finder" to download a copy, this is available here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Hope this helps! :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by the university of sheffield
hello harrirow, you are correct that you can ask for an award for your studies for the academic year starting september 2013 based on your parents earnings for the year 2013/14.

You will need to make an application for student finance as normal, but then submit a current year income assessment form. This isn't available yet, which probably explains why you couldn't find it! According to student finance this form will be available in april. When it is you can use their "form finder" to download a copy, this is available here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

hope this helps! :wink:

thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending