The Student Room Group

Language Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Duck and Cover can it be that I saw you somewhere on the IB page?
Reply 81
What's up linguists and language students?
Reply 82
my brother's gone insane and decided he wants to buy a flat to do up and sell on. he has £minus...
onnnnnnnn the other hand it's my last day of college tomorrow!! wooooot! no more french lessons with trish falling asleep and us trying not to notice... i got a photo on my phone the other day coz i realised i only had a few more chances to capture the hilarity...
kashiya
Duck and Cover can it be that I saw you somewhere on the IB page?

:confused:

But most likely it CAN be, I tend to mingle around a bit :p:
Reply 84
IB= International Baccalaureat
Reply 85
Jammertal
What's up linguists and language students?

:banghead:
Trying to revise Medieval and 16th Century French Literature, but there's so much to learn and my exam's on Wednesday. :bawling:
Reply 86
Ah that sounds fun. :p: Glad that I don't need to revise any longer, but I just found the marking schemes for our exams (illegally) published on the internet and I'm afraid that there'll be some "resits" for me in 2-3 weeks. :frown:
Reply 87
Jammertal
Ah that sounds fun. :p: Glad that I don't need to revise any longer, but I just found the marking schemes for our exams (illegally) published on the internet and I'm afraid that there'll be some "resits" for me in 2-3 weeks. :frown:

:hugs: I'm sure you'll do fine. :smile:
Argh, it's taken me all morning just to do the BACKGROUND for these texts, I haven't even got onto my lecture notes for the poetry yet. 5 days seems like a long time but it really isn't. :afraid:
I do really like this module, it's really, really interesting, but the exam is going to be HARD.
Reply 88
Aw.. thank you. I hope that particularly for English and German our teachers are going to modify it a bit, since we didn't talk about it in lessons, they were ill for a few weeks and the proposed solution was somewhat... well... unrelated to the actual task. Two more weeks of the waiting game. Oh I hate it. :frown: :mad:

As long as you like the things you've to learn, it shouldn't be too much pain. :smile:
Reply 89
Jammertal
I just found the marking schemes for our exams (illegally)

for shame!

Becca
Argh, it's taken me all morning just to do the BACKGROUND for these texts, I haven't even got onto my lecture notes for the poetry yet. 5 days seems like a long time but it really isn't.
I do really like this module, it's really, really interesting, but the exam is going to be HARD.

yil be areet hin, chin up :bunny:
have a kitkat, you don't want to end up like this guy > :albertein

(P.S. :girl: < what is she doing to her cheeks???)
Reply 90
Jammertal
Aw.. thank you. I hope that particularly for English and German our teachers are going to modify it a bit, since we didn't talk about it in lessons, they were ill for a few weeks and the proposed solution was somewhat... well... unrelated to the actual task.

that sounds fun :confused: it'll work out in the end!
Reply 91
I desperately hope it will and chances are high that it will, because teachers aren't obliged to apply the schemes. :p: Oh I shouldn't have had a look at it. Now I'm going to worry about it for the next few weeks. :frown:
Reply 92
Jammertal
I desperately hope it will and chances are high that it will, because teachers aren't obliged to apply the schemes. :p: Oh I shouldn't have had a look at it. Now I'm going to worry about it for the next few weeks. :frown:

have a gin n tonic. makes it all better :p:
Reply 93
I prefer Tequila. Much more hispanic. :p: Tonight Tequila happy hour at our year group's party...
Reply 94
Jammertal
Aw.. thank you. I hope that particularly for English and German our teachers are going to modify it a bit, since we didn't talk about it in lessons, they were ill for a few weeks and the proposed solution was somewhat... well... unrelated to the actual task. Two more weeks of the waiting game. Oh I hate it. :frown: :mad:

As long as you like the things you've to learn, it shouldn't be too much pain. :smile:

The pain is from trying to cram it all in! :p:
Ah. Exams. :mad:
Reply 95
Go revising! Now! And stop :crast:! (if you need motiviation)
Reply 96
Jammertal
Go revising! Now! And stop :crast:! (if you need motiviation)

I am revising!

proof of revision
Petrarchism entails a particular model of love:
Spiritual love &#8211; the poet is inspired by the lady&#8217;s virtue
The lady is put on a pedestal. Absolutely perfect. Always unique and absolutely superior.

Physical perfection.
Almost always the same portrait: blonde, wavy hair, white skin, breasts are white, round and far apart (?).

Suffering
Especially at night
Crying, tears
Cruelty

Of beloved &#8211; she rejects him, and the poet explains that through her chastity, which is a sign of perfection; yet her refusal is also seen as coldness and cruelty.
In innamoramento &#8211; the &#8216;falling in love&#8217;: arrows from beloved&#8217;s eyes/from Cupid&#8217;s bow.

Love = sudden and irreversible.
From the moment of the innamoramento the poet loves intensely, and no end or decrease in love is possible.

The experience of love involves opposites, and hence the figure of antithesis.
Live and die
Hot and cold/burning and freezing &#8211; fire & ice imagery.
Joy and suffering

Dreams
Physical fulfilment but always turns out to be a dream.

:proud:
:p:
Reply 97
Hmpf. Well, then start revising properly. :p:
Reply 98
Jammertal
Hmpf. Well, then start revising properly. :p:

OK mum :p:

:bunny:
Reply 99
Good girl. :girl:

Quick Reply