The Student Room Group

Tesco Options Programme

Scroll to see replies

I have had email this morning saying I have sign on at 2pm tomorrow, I am nervous as not had no prep or warning, and have a shift to do today wish me luck
Reply 21
Original post by wolfy0110
I have had email this morning saying I have sign on at 2pm tomorrow, I am nervous as not had no prep or warning, and have a shift to do today wish me luck

starting mine now... Wish me luck :smile:
Just finished mine I was the only one who turned up so role play was taken out went well but don't think I passed due to only having half the interview and only finding out about it yesterday will find out tomorrow
Reply 23
that's rubbish... It shouldn't affect your outcome because the others didn't turn up...

I'll keep my fingers crossed aha

My manager told me yesterday that I had passed, so my next step is placement, which is a little scary aha
Reply 24
Good luck with your assessment Cal! 😊
I have mine in a months time. Could you let me know what kind of scenario questions they ask you?
What your debate was about? And any other useful things. I'm feeling like the guinea pig with this new process 😁
Reply 25
Original post by Cal 96
Hi, I'm not sure if you already work for Tesco in some area, but that is the first requirement. Normally it is the stores senior managements decision as to weather they put a candidate forward to start the training. Therefore all future managers have worked their way through the business, as opposed to taking on people from outside the business straight into management.

As I understand, you aren't able to put yourself forward, however you can show interest in the training to your manager which might help.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hi, thankyou for your message,
sorry I might not have been very clear, I was thinking about the trainee management programme which is, I believe a school leaver programme, that's what I read on their website, but maybe i'm guetting it mixed up... :eek:
Reply 26
Hi I've got my sign on in 2 weeks have u got any info on what they ask in scenario interview. Any tips and advice from somebody who has already been would really help
Reply 27
Hi I'm new to this so any advice tips will help I'm going ahead Wiv starting on the options programe very nervous but willing to give myself this challenge please help 😁
Reply 28
hi
anyone can give some info about sign on ? how is look lile now? thanks
Any tips on 3D cv's? My sign on is at the end of Feb so beginning to prepare early :smile:
Reply 30
Anyone willing to show me an examplar pre options pack. I wa given a pack and told to complete this and bring back when I am done.
Reply 31
Hi
Does anyone on here have an examplar pre-options pack. I just got given photocopied sheets and told to fill it in myself and come back when I'm done 😳
Reply 32
Does anyone know what pay yoh get while doing options, also how long does it usual take to sign off and finish your placement?
Reply 33
Has anyone done the new sign on with a 3D CV? just wondering what all I can expect in the interview
Reply 34
Can anyone let me know if they have had interviews for this postponed. My son who is waiting for his sign on interview has now had it cancelled at short notice twice?
Reply 35
hi all
Reply 36
To all those, I started as a temp Christmas staff a few months ago and have been put forward for the options interview tomorrow.
the store that I am in had a trial run for the 3d cv presentation to see where the underlying talent was with people and I did mine, to which they chosen me to go for the options sign on interview.

For those who are wondering what a 3d cv consist of, basically the assessors want to know what you as an individual is all about. Take in an object or something that defines you as a person for e.g, if you play football you can base your individuality and cv based around the players and explain what makes you and include your values and beliefs.

With the process tomorrow I have been told that it is for 2 hours. 3d cv, interview, role play and PDP.

I am really nervous about it all, but I wish everyone out there all the luck and all the best.

Tas :smile:
Reply 37
Hi all, I started as a temp Christmas staff at Tesco a few months ago and have been forward for the sign on interview tomorrow... It was only a couple weeks ago where the store had did a trial for the 3d cv to select the people to go forward with it. For those people wanting to know about 3d cv is basically the assessors want to know what you as an individual is about. I passed it with flying colours which is why they put me forward and now fretting and nervous about the actual interview.

I have been told that it is about 2 hours in total, in which you will present the 3d cv, have the interview, role play and talk about your PDP.

Wish me luck people and all the best to those who are yet to go through with it.

Tas :smile:
Hi there,

Your personel manager should give you a pack telling you what is needed. If not, it tells you on your invition to the day what is required to be in your 3D CV.

Best of luck
What happens with the placement. I.e. Do you get paid manager's pay on placement? Do you receive accomodation X support etc. Any info would be really helpful. Good luck with your progress.

Quick Reply

Latest