The Student Room Group

Not happy with my As grades so far.... What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
Original post by Angel May
Hello everyone, I recently just got my As results for the January exams and they are appalling. I did 3 exams and I got D,E,E. Before anyone starts judging me, I just want to say that I revised really hard and completed most/ if not all of the past papers and even looked at mark schemes to see the idea answer that the examiners wanted. I cried so much when I got those grades because I honestly do not know or betterstill don't understand what happened. Anyway, I'm resitting them in May/June and I have I am also paying to get my papers back to see where I went wrong. Can anyone just give me advise on how to approach my next exams and is it true that I can't go to a good unversity because I am resitting my exams???

PS: I'm currently studying Chem,Bio,Maths, and Psychology.

Just think of your jan results as mock exam results! Then you will feel more confident as you revise for your retakes! I haven't done any jan modules so I haven't actually experienced what you have but what I can say is just do past papers which you've done but also learn model answers! They're really helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Smuu
Just think of your jan results as mock exam results! Then you will feel more confident as you revise for your retakes! I haven't done any jan modules so I haven't actually experienced what you have but what I can say is just do past papers which you've done but also learn model answers! They're really helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks
Reply 43
I did bio chem ict languages..im more of a vocational learner but I stil took up bio and chem because I loved science and ended up with EEAB respectively in my first yr...I then worked extra hard like really hard but I only managed to bump it up to DDAB..i'm not saying you might end up the same way, Im just saying people learn in different ways and maybe try a different approach? Those are all really intense subjects which require a lot of private study, do you know what course you want to do at university?

I know exactly how you feel I was so gutted I was never gonna reach my goal of becoming a nurse which broke me!!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest