The Student Room Group

Xbox to Uni?

I'm a bit of a gamer, is it normal to bring an Xbox to Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'm going to Uni in September and plan on bringing my Xbox and PS3 with me!

And a friend of mine who went to Uni last September took his with him too...

So whether its normal or not, you won't feel weird taking yours.

I also read somewhere that a console like Xbox is a great way to break the ice with your flatmates. Get everything set up and leave your door open...

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Just to sort of play devils advocate here, it might help to leave it at home until the second term, you're going to be meeting new people, going out to new places, doing work etc and the distraction wouldn't be welcome?

I can't see me ever taking a console down with me, ok i'm not a huge gamer but i plan on getting out and about in a new city etc rather than stuck infront of a games console.

Obviously if your a big gamer, there's nothing wrong with that it's just not something high on my list of priority's.

I can see how it'd be a good "ice breaker" though...

My ice breaker is pints upon pints of my own "home brew" :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm totally taking mine with me.. and I'm a girl! :wink:
In response to the comment above, I can't imagine I'll play it loads in the first term or so, it's not like I'm gonna lock myself in my room, but it'll be nice to know there are some necromorphs/dragons/whatever waiting for me to relieve any stress that builds up! And I'm planning to use Live to talk to my friends too, as long as the WiFi is good enough in my halls.
I took mine for my first two years.
Reply 5
Thanks guys!

I will only pretty much play it at night when I'm not out, I rarely get to bed early so late night sessions :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should take it if you want to!

From what I've heard you'll probably want to get to bed early!
Reply 7
I'm surgically attached to my Xbox so it has to come with me.
Reply 8
Take it, but be careful... I brought my console and I very rarely play it. I have been going through some Driver SF this weekend, but I haven't played it for months before that.

Work or tiredness can get in the way, so you might find that you never actually play it. So don't make any investments unless you're certain that they'll be useful.

Quick Reply

Latest