Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whooh1
Yep just got it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who'd you get?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megan-mci
Hi, I'm fairly new to tsr and but I have been on the website before and when I saw this thread just thought it would be a good way to get to know other people who want to go into vet med. I'm only in 4th year and this summer hols is probably the time to get some work experience under my belt. My dream is to be a wildlife/conservation vet, what about everyone else? :smile:

Hey! Nice to meet you, I am a Scottish applicant like you as well :smile: I take it you are doing your National 5's this year?

You've got plenty of time to complete your work experience so this summer sounds like a great time to start and the key is to get a good range of placements. There is a thread that may be of more use to you: the '2017 vet hopefuls' thread, as it contains people that will be in the same potential cohort as yourself! (Not to say that you can't stay here of course)

Personally, I quite like the look of the farm animal aspect of veterinary medicine at present :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanineVet
Hey! Nice to meet you, I am a Scottish applicant like you as well :smile: I take it you are doing your National 5's this year?

You've got plenty of time to complete your work experience so this summer sounds like a great time to start and the key is to get a good range of placements. There is a thread that may be of more use to you: the '2017 vet hopefuls' thread, as it contains people that will be in the same potential cohort as yourself! (Not to say that you can't stay here of course)

Personally, I quite like the look of the farm animal aspect of veterinary medicine at present :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this year I'm doing my national 5s. Thanks for the redirection of the other thread, I'll definitely look into it!:smile: I've got lots of places I can go for work experience so that's not really a problem. Are you a student at uni then?
[QUOTE=

Welcome to TSR :hi: . I'm afraid I'm a little unfamiliar with the Scottish system, am I right in thinking that 4th year is the year you do your Standards? If so there's still plenty of time, and as you say summer is a great time to get some experience :biggrin:

Personally I'm quite into exotic animals, they're what I want to work with :biggrin:

The Scottish exam system recently changed so now I'm doing national 5s. Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome and good luck to everyone who's applying to vet school this year or sitting exams! :biggrin:
Original post by megan-mci
Yeah this year I'm doing my national 5s. Thanks for the redirection of the other thread, I'll definitely look into it!:smile: I've got lots of places I can go for work experience so that's not really a problem. Are you a student at uni then?

How are they going for you so far? Best of luck with them anyway! :biggrin: No problem! No I'm in 6th year, currently applying for uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanineVet
How are they going for you so far? Best of luck with them anyway! :biggrin: No problem! No I'm in 6th year, currently applying for uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, they're going fine, got prelims coming up in a couple of weeks, really need to get revising but I'll get it done, still got time haha! Are you doing advanced highers then? I'm taking one higher this year (French) to compensate for next year because French and physics clash on the timetable. What do you think about crashing higher physics-that's my plan, teacher's say it's hard but definitely possible, I would ideally want an A. What uni's are you applying for? Obviously still a while off for me but I would like to go to either Edinburgh or Glasgow! :smile:
Didn't want to go through the whole forum, but it seems that the RVC gave out one batch of offers on the 31st of Jan last year, followed by a second batch two weeks later on the 13th of Feb. There must be another load given out after that, but those are the dates that I picked up for the first few rounds.
Reply 5147
A research man who works at Nottingham and a lady vet who qualified from Nottingham last year. How about you?
Reply 5148
Does anyone have any idea how long post interview Liverpool reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Whooh1
A research man who works at Nottingham and a lady vet who qualified from Nottingham last year. How about you?

Is your interview at nottingham on the 28th? and if so do you know the name of the lady vet?
Reply 5150
Original post by hollyleaf988
Is your interview at nottingham on the 28th? and if so do you know the name of the lady vet?

Yes and Lucy. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sax123
Does anyone have any idea how long post interview Liverpool reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I recall correctly it took me a few weeks to hear back from them with an offer. You'll definitely know by the end of March from all the unis. No news is good news at the minute. Good luck :wink:
Original post by mollyvet
Didn't want to go through the whole forum, but it seems that the RVC gave out one batch of offers on the 31st of Jan last year, followed by a second batch two weeks later on the 13th of Feb. There must be another load given out after that, but those are the dates that I picked up for the first few rounds.

I was looking up the same thing last night funnily enough. Last year the 31st was a Friday, so I reckon people will start to hear back before the week is up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bristol offer today:smile:
Original post by jackyotto
Bristol offer today:smile:

Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my Bristol offer through today! So surprised because my interview was only on the 21st!
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :smile:
Messed up my dosage calculations for rvc. What are my chances now
Original post by regsyl
Messed up my dosage calculations for rvc. What are my chances now?

That one score will be included with all the others from the day - practical tests and your interview - to calculate your final score.
The decision wont be made on that test alone.
At my interview one of the student guides said her friend scored zero on calculations and still got in.
When did you have your interview?
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I was looking up the same thing last night funnily enough. Last year the 31st was a Friday, so I reckon people will start to hear back before the week is up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was thinking....scary! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest