The Student Room Group

Smart Satchel or Briefcase?

Hi guys,

I've got a one-week Spring Insight Week at RBS coming up soon and was wondering whether to choose a smart satchel or a briefcase to go with my suit. Is a briefcase a little too much for a one-week insight?

Many thanks

Josh
Doesn't matter, nobody cares about your bag. Satchel if you must choose.
Reply 2
"Hey that guy has a nice bag that goes with his suit! He must be great at his job!", said no one ever.

I don't think something like your bag is that important, just choose whichever you are comfortable with.
Reply 3
You can either dress to impress. Or dress to stand out. Just be the best at your job and it doesn't really matter.
Reply 4
Original post by Jellybean732
Hi guys,

I've got a one-week Spring Insight Week at RBS coming up soon and was wondering whether to choose a smart satchel or a briefcase to go with my suit. Is a briefcase a little too much for a one-week insight?

Many thanks

Josh

People at my bank usually laughs at new guys coming in to work with briefcase. Sometimes even asking them like "so, whats in your briefcase?" ... So for an intern that is there for a spring week, oh God, you would give them so much joy. Its like, you are there for one week and just came there. What could you possibly store in your whole briefcase? Seen to many movies?

This above is based on experience from 2 banks. Not to forget, I came to work with a briefcase on my first day in the first bank. That was also the last day.
Reply 5
When I've interned in a bank, I've hardly ever seen people go around with briefcases. Some people have laptop bags but generally only the most senior people get issued with laptops. In fact, you often see people with just a rucksack to keep their stuff in.
lol yeah, there's no need for a briefcase
Reply 7
Goodness me. IB is not a fashion show - apart from a couple of colleagues I know. Most people rock up with satchel, casual shirt and corduroys. Most people don't care apart from the receptionists and managers who have been their long enough that they should have retired 10 years ago.

Good shoes is where you should be.
Don't go in with a briefcase, no way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending