The Student Room Group

A2 ICT INFO3 AQA Prerelease Material June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by minaaz2
I'm just glad people wrote similar stuff otherwise id have really started panicking if they were discussing a different answer on here. The vibe on here seems to be that generally everyone put things similar to each other. Has to be a good sign right? :smile: and good luck to you as well!!!! :biggrin:

Yeah definitely a good sign! I read that AQA while marking the exams usually consider the majority answers so we have a good chance as many people wrote the same thing. :wink:
Original post by Mathsgirlll
I definitely put, Volume testing, Harness testing, Multi-platform and Regression testing. I panicked so much because I'd revised all the testing so much and then froze on the question but I think I got them right :smile:

Also, on the recovery question aren't those steps (Estimate situation, evaluate....) for partial failure? I wrote the steps including, identify facilities, available s/hardware, training staff etc..do you think I would still get marks for this? I thought of those 5 steps but decided not to go that direction, and was also panicking because I had half hour left and still had the 20marker :/
I need 101 UMS on this to get an A and get into Newcastle :/ just hope I did enough!

In response to the latter, I put a combination of both the 5 steps involved in a disaster recovery plan as well as the other stuff (estimate solution, estimate available resources, recovery run, corrupt file check etc...). This is relevant to the question (i believe) as they are procedures for recovery of large scale systems
Reply 142
Original post by thairshan
Question 5 was about Ecommerce benefits to individuals and society

Thanks very much, could not remember it for the life of me!
Info 3 was so much harder the other day :frown: anyone know how much for a C?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Does anyone know what marks u would need to get for hundred in info 1/2?? and do u know what the marks for hundred in last year exam paper or in jan would be? would it be like 70/80 or something higher?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by Like A Sir
To be totally honest, I think it was written by an idiot who thought 'Oh god, I've got to write a whole Prerelease Material for thousands of students within the next 5 minutes!'.

It's all just wrong. They talk about updating their whole system but I can only find 4 points on what they actually want/proposed to update.

1. Membership cards for gym users
2. Social networking for all the facilities to do with the club.
3. Improved security on the network.
4. Adding automatic turnstiles to the stadium.

I have a bone to pick here...

The first point they mention in a proposed idea is membership cards for the gym which will be scanned at the reception desk, and display all the information about the member.
What system do they use now? How can they track the annual fee payers of the gym without some type of card based membership system? It makes no sense and isn't viable.

My next point is to do with social networking sites to maintain contact with supporters and market products and services. He's talking about the gym, and then goes on to talk about social networking. Is he talking about using social networking for ALL of the clubs facilities or just the gym? The structure of the paragraph makes absolutely no sense.

They talk about adding network security to devices which from what they're saying are Wifi enabled. In the previous paragraph, they talk about how they give users in the conferance rooms and guest rooms 'Some use of Wi-Fi and broadband access', implying that there are already security features enabled on the network which don't allow users to perform certain tasks while connected.

Next, they say they're 'Considering adding automatic turnstiles'. After reading the whole PM, this looks like it should've been the first thing they should have done. This is essential. What system do they have already? Glancing at tickets as you walk in? They say that they sell tickets online, which means they must have some sort of database system in place to track ticket sales which most definitely include ticket numbers/issue numbers.

Then, it goes onto say that they're deciding whether to use 'Phased or direct changeover method'. Erm... Hello? You're already in the process of using a phased changeover? Your system and its facilities seem to be working fine apart from a few minor points.

This PM seems to be based on a real team, probably west ham. But that's besides the point.

It's awful, absolutely horrible.

Edit: They say they want to add more stuff, BUT THEY'RE ALREADY ADDING IT. The gym for example, they've added iPod docking, integrated TV screen and USB tracking or something silly. Never heard of that.

Also, their conference rooms, they seem to be changing a lot already, so how can they then say later 'I'm currently considering whether to use a phased or direct changeover method.'

HOW?! HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?!?!?!

Are you going to post some of your great wisdom this year for the june 2014 pre-release
Has anyone got the ZIG ZAG PDF past paper practice paper for this exam or any other year?

Would be be so great if anyone did!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending