The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Victoria Halls Nottingham 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm thinking of VH, however you pay a deposit now so what happens if we don't get in this year?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by SWFC1995
I'm thinking of VH, however you pay a deposit now so what happens if we don't get in this year?

It's not a deposit, it's payment towards your rent. If you don't get into UNi they will refund you your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Janeena
How many freshers are staying at this place?
what room have you booked at VH.. SINGLE OR DELUXE.
Trustt me rooms are much cheaper

A few freshers have joined the fb group ^, there are more, just not in the group. And I think most people have booked the deluxe room, may as well it's that that much more expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Janeena
How many freshers are staying at this place?
what room have you booked at VH.. SINGLE OR DELUXE.
Trustt me rooms are much cheaper

I booked deluxe because I realised that the single room didn't have a wardrobe and deluxe wasn't that much more for better. But yeah quite a few freshers have booked! You should as well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Janeena
im going to think abt coming herre then, still deciding atm. as uni accommodation is quite costly anyway.
what u thinking of studying?
im guessing tht when I ring. . they'll put all freshers in the sme block ? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Janeena
im going to think abt coming herre then, still deciding atm. as uni accommodation is quite costly anyway.
what u thinking of studying?
im guessing tht when I ring. . they'll put all freshers in the sme block ? x

Fashion management hopefully, how about you? :smile: Yeah that's what they've said anyway so it should be good, have you firmed Nottingham or anything yet? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I'm going, and deluxe for me :biggrin: I also know two people on twitter who are going, I asked one to join the facebook group, not sure if he forgot or didn't join it but he didn't haha but he is deffo going. Don't get me wrong I am kinda sad I can't afford Byron but whatever haha, hopefully I'll spend more time out of my flat than in it!
Reply 27
Original post by Janeena
Yeah i've firmed Nottingham as my first choice... and hopefully doing law with criminology!!

may see you around.. if i decide to book victoria halls

just so you know, i rang them up and both the single and deluxe rooms DO have wardrobes. The difference is single/double bed and room size is much bigger :smile:
however i booked a deluxe room too! :smile:
Reply 28
My deadline thing ends tomorrow after given a week to send forms, wonder when we know what rooms we are in.
Original post by beecat
My deadline thing ends tomorrow after given a week to send forms, wonder when we know what rooms we are in.

I don't think they tell you till you move in... They sent my confirmation and that, but still didn't tell me where I am -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by JoshAdesina
I don't think they tell you till you move in... They sent my confirmation and that, but still didn't tell me where I am -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

What! That's crazy!! I want to know :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by JoshAdesina

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll ask my mate who lives there now when you know.. then I will let you know :smile:

*edit: yeah the day you move in!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by beecat
I'll ask my mate who lives there now when you know.. then I will let you know :smile:

*edit: yeah the day you move in!

Oh that's kinda gay...oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Hi guys, I am looking to book Victoria Halls. After looking through all the accommodation, and as nice as the new blocks look, I just can't justify spending that much more a week just to have slightly nicer furniture! Anyway, I just wondered if anyone knew with VH if Nottingham Trent students are put together? I have read that because its private halls of residence that any students in Nottingham can live there? I just think I would like to be with people from the same uni, so for freshers etc everyone is going to the same events etc! If anyone knows about this that would be fab! xx
Reply 34
Original post by jesspenge
Hi guys, I am looking to book Victoria Halls. After looking through all the accommodation, and as nice as the new blocks look, I just can't justify spending that much more a week just to have slightly nicer furniture! Anyway, I just wondered if anyone knew with VH if Nottingham Trent students are put together? I have read that because its private halls of residence that any students in Nottingham can live there? I just think I would like to be with people from the same uni, so for freshers etc everyone is going to the same events etc! If anyone knows about this that would be fab! xx

I believe they put Freshers/Trenters together. Probably not many University of Nottingham people going if that's your worry because it's slightly further away (I believe) and VH is known for Trenters anyway. When you apply you type in what Uni and course you're doing so hopefully they also use that info to match people together :smile:

Hope that helps! x
Reply 35
Original post by beecat
I believe they put Freshers/Trenters together. Probably not many University of Nottingham people going if that's your worry because it's slightly further away (I believe) and VH is known for Trenters anyway. When you apply you type in what Uni and course you're doing so hopefully they also use that info to match people together :smile:

Hope that helps! x

Thanks so much, that's a massive help and so good to know! :smile: think I will be booking VH once I have firmed! :smile:

Have you booked for there?

Thanks again! xx
I currently live in Victoria Hall, Phase 1 thats where all the freshers are, Im a first year my self and would deffo reccomend anyone living here, It may not be as plush as all the other halls, (You get what you pay for) But a couple of my friends live in Glasshouse, Goldsmith court etc and its not as lively. Victoria halls is the place to be!
Reply 37
Original post by jesspenge
Thanks so much, that's a massive help and so good to know! :smile: think I will be booking VH once I have firmed! :smile:

Have you booked for there?

Thanks again! xx

Yeah I have, booked a deluxe room :smile: xx
Reply 38
Original post by mehoolkmusic
I currently live in Victoria Hall, Phase 1 thats where all the freshers are, Im a first year my self and would deffo reccomend anyone living here, It may not be as plush as all the other halls, (You get what you pay for) But a couple of my friends live in Glasshouse, Goldsmith court etc and its not as lively. Victoria halls is the place to be!

Hope this is true :')
Reply 39
W
Original post by beecat
Yeah I have, booked a deluxe room :smile: xx

Woo! I'm unsure whether to book a single or deluxe, £7 a week doesn't sound much but I'm so greedy I would rather spend that on food I think! Haha! Will have to have a think! :smile:

have you booked phase 1 or 2? Sorry about all the questions, just want to make sure I book the same as other people! Haha :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest