The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Victoria Halls Nottingham 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehoolkmusic
I currently live in Victoria Hall, Phase 1 thats where all the freshers are, Im a first year my self and would deffo reccomend anyone living here, It may not be as plush as all the other halls, (You get what you pay for) But a couple of my friends live in Glasshouse, Goldsmith court etc and its not as lively. Victoria halls is the place to be!

This has got me excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Anyone got a address to send them forms back too?
Reply 42
Torn between two places :frown: help! VH or Goldsmith? Going to book it today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by filsan123
Torn between two places :frown: help! VH or Goldsmith? Going to book it today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go with VH!! There's better everything there ha as I'm sure you've seen on threads :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by kianamcwilliams
Go with VH!! There's better everything there ha as I'm sure you've seen on threads :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

arhh bummer I've gone for Goldsmith, because of the distance from VH to law school aha. hope to see u though :smile:
Reply 45
I'm currently a second year student and I'll vouch for Glasshouse being as quiet as a mouse this year, but I much prefer that anyway aha!

I lived at Victoria Hall in my first year and my experience wasn't so great. But it was lively I'll say that much. Hope you guys have a great first year and welcome to NTU!
Reply 46
Hi guys, I just wondered if anyone knew the answer to my question! I am wanting to book Victoria Hall on Monday, and have the £200 booking fee. But does anyone know if we don't meet the conditions come exam results do we get the £200 back? Really want to book there, but am a bit put off if they keep your money if you don't get in! If anyone could help me that would be so fab!! x
Reply 47
I was wondering the same thing! I have my deposit ready and I'm hoping to book on Monday aswell. Do you still keep your place if you go through clearing? Also, are there still places available for 1st year freshers?
Reply 48
Original post by ksingh
I was wondering the same thing! I have my deposit ready and I'm hoping to book on Monday aswell. Do you still keep your place if you go through clearing? Also, are there still places available for 1st year freshers?

I am going to call them tomorrow before booking so I can let you know on here when I've spoken to them if you like. I imagine that on results day we would have to let them know if we wanted to keep our room or not, as I don't think they would automatically know as they obviously aren't Nottingham trents own accommodation! they have single rooms left in phase 1 and phase 2, phase 1 is where the freshers go apparently, that's where I am booking! I wanted a double room but they are all gone! but a single room is still good enough, and cheaper! hope that helps a bit :smile:
Reply 49
[QUOTE="jesspenge;42411741"]I am going to call them tomorrow before booking so I can let you know on here when I've spoken to them if you like. I imagine that on results day we would have to let them know if we wanted to keep our room or not, as I don't think they would automatically know as they obviously aren't Nottingham trents own accommodation! they have single rooms left in phase 1 and phase 2, phase 1 is where the freshers go apparently, that's where I am booking! I wanted a double room but they are all gone! but a single room is still good enough, and cheaper! hope that helps a bit :smile:[/QUOTE
How do you find out what rooms are available? You think there will be some available for booking tomorrow? Stressful times!
Reply 50
I emailed them on Friday and asked them as I was starting to worry, she said they still have quite a lot available but are getting people booking every day, so she said to book ASAP. she said there will defo be some tomorrow as no one can book over the weekend :smile:
Reply 51
Ah that's okay then. What time are you booking? I have lessons in the morning till 11 so ill book then. Hopefully I won't be too late! Are you booking with a group or on your own? I know nobody aha
Reply 52
Original post by ksingh
Ah that's okay then. What time are you booking? I have lessons in the morning till 11 so ill book then. Hopefully I won't be too late! Are you booking with a group or on your own? I know nobody aha

I am working in the morning, I'm 21 so in work at the mo, not school :frown: I think I will book about 1 I reckon! :smile: you won't be too late, they have had rooms available for ages so I think we would be pretty unlucky if they all went in the morning haha! i'm just booking on my own, I don't know anyone either, but I'm just requesting to be with Nottingham Trent students, as I know there could be a few Uni of Nottingham students there, but I want to be with people that will go to the same freshers/nights out etc :smile:
Reply 53
Aha! I can't wait to get this all out the way. I've had trouble with my student finance so hopefully I can book with it initial it's sorted. Same, as long as I'm with Trent freshers ill be okay. Do rooms come on their own or as part of a flat shared with others?
Reply 54
Until its *
Reply 55
Original post by ksingh
Aha! I can't wait to get this all out the way. I've had trouble with my student finance so hopefully I can book with it initial it's sorted. Same, as long as I'm with Trent freshers ill be okay. Do rooms come on their own or as part of a flat shared with others?

neither can I, this is the last thing I need to do, and then get revising for summer exam! they come in flats, I think its flats of 4 or maybe 6, with shared kitchen/living room area I think :smile:
Reply 56
Should be fun! actually looking forward to getting drunk and working aha! When we send off our booking, does that mean the rooms are ours then or is there another step to it ?
Reply 57
Original post by ksingh
Should be fun! actually looking forward to getting drunk and working aha! When we send off our booking, does that mean the rooms are ours then or is there another step to it ?

me too, haha! it depends I think, I will need to send them another form, because I'm paying in instalments, they have to have a guarantor for you, so I will just have to send proof back that my guarantor is my mum and proof of her income etc! I hope they hold the room or something though from the initial booking! I still want to check about this £200 though, I want to book here, but if I wasn't to get that back if I don't get in, I think that's really bad and would probably think of booking somewhere where you do get it back! :smile:
Reply 58
After you pay the £200 booking fee, does that mean the room is yours?
Reply 59
Original post by ksingh
After you pay the £200 booking fee, does that mean the room is yours?

As soon as you have provided them with everything they need, and paid the money, you will have a room!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending