The Student Room Group

How strict are uni's with grades

For my a levels I got BBD. I completely flunked my second year in maths, and managed to drop two grades. I can't resit this year because it interferes with my plans with my gap year.

Most uni's I want to get into require BBB, and i've applied to essex who want ABB.

What is the likeliness that I will still get in? I have a lot of friends who didn't get the grades last year, but still got in. Would it be different for this year or not?

Thanks guys
Reply 1
Original post by Jammybrowner
For my a levels I got BBD. I completely flunked my second year in maths, and managed to drop two grades. I can't resit this year because it interferes with my plans with my gap year.

Most uni's I want to get into require BBB, and i've applied to essex who want ABB.

What is the likeliness that I will still get in? I have a lot of friends who didn't get the grades last year, but still got in. Would it be different for this year or not?

Thanks guys

It's different applying with your grades. If you get your results and you just miss your offer, then universities may take you because they need to fill their course before it's due to start. If you apply with your grades already, then they know that you haven't met your end of the bargain, so they don't have to fulfil theirs, especially if they haven't given you an offer in the first place. You have two options: resit and change your gap year plans or change your university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending