The Student Room Group

Skydiving Society

Hi guys, I haven't seen a society dedicated to Skydiving on here so I thought I'd set one up.

I'm in my University Skydiving Club, on the RAPS scheme with currently 7 jumps done. I'm on Dummy Pulls and I'm hoping to progress onto 2 second freefall next time I go.

We normally use Sibson Aerodrome and will be going to BCPA Netherhavon in May as well as Nationals at Sibson in June.

So if you do Skydiving, whether AFF, RAPS or even Tandems, feel free to join in!
Reply 1
Anyone? :smile:
Original post by Harpoon
Anyone? :smile:

Hi, I know this is an extremely old post but I haven't been able to find any skydiving society threads! I recently started the RAPS course in October, and I've done three jumps. Ideally, I want to get my A-licence before I graduate but time is ticking! Would be great to hear about your experiences and how many jumps you did before getting your A-licence.... if you're still around :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Bioluminescence1
Hi, I know this is an extremely old post but I haven't been able to find any skydiving society threads! I recently started the RAPS course in October, and I've done three jumps. Ideally, I want to get my A-licence before I graduate but time is ticking! Would be great to hear about your experiences and how many jumps you did before getting your A-licence.... if you're still around :smile:

Sorry for the late reply. Good, RAPS is great fun. I struggled a bit with the dummy pulls and switched to AFF. Unfortunately, I haven't jumped in about 3 years due to work commitments but I hope to start again and finally reach my A License.
Hey skydivers!

We've written a blog post on everything someone might need to know about tandem skydiving. Got any feedback or comments to add? https://www.goraise.co.uk/blog/everything-need-know-tandem-skydiving/

Quick Reply

Latest