The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mee!! I just got a conditional offer today :biggrin: I'm planning on majoring in English.. How bout you ?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I originally applied for FCH but got an offer for LibArts. My FCH was for Ancient History and Philosophy, so I would major in one of those (unless I can major in two...do either of you know this? :s-smilie:)

Can we take 30 credits of our own choice on top of the libarts modules in first year, or did I imagine reading that somewhere? I think that will make the decision for me! If it's 120 overall, then I guess that makes sense...

Oh, and what do you think you'll do in 2nd year, think tank or work experience?
Reply 3
Im going to major in either politics or philosophy and I'll probably do the think tank in the second year can't stand the idea of staying stuck in an office. Have any of you been to the offer holding visit day?
Reply 4
yup, I was leaning towards think tank too - looks pretty interesting and I agree, the work experience thing would be useful, but quite dire!

I only heard yesterday, and I'm going to try to make it to the one next weds, but I live 6/7 odd hours away so it'll be tough haha! train tickets are about £300 *cringe* but hopefully I'll manage to get my dad to drive me xD

I really want to go, since I feel like I know barely anything about the course, since I didn't originally apply for it!
Reply 5
I haven't decided whether to do think tank or work experience yet.. and I'm planning on going to next weeks visit day- hopefully :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by haninori
I originally applied for FCH but got an offer for LibArts. My FCH was for Ancient History and Philosophy, so I would major in one of those (unless I can major in two...do either of you know this? :s-smilie:)

Can we take 30 credits of our own choice on top of the libarts modules in first year, or did I imagine reading that somewhere? I think that will make the decision for me! If it's 120 overall, then I guess that makes sense...

Oh, and what do you think you'll do in 2nd year, think tank or work experience?

I am in the same situation!! got moved from the FCH (english and history)
But the Liberal arts degree looks really cool! I think it actually suits me better....does any one know about visit days? I would like to major in english i think :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Nomad0
I haven't decided whether to do think tank or work experience yet.. and I'm planning on going to next weeks visit day- hopefully :smile:

Ah, well perhaps I'll see you there! :smile: it'll be interesting to see how many people are there - I think it'll be a small group altogether!
Reply 8
Thank god there people going next Wednesday I thought it would be the only one there. But by the looks of this forum it looks like I might be the only male there :/
Reply 9
Original post by IWish
I am in the same situation!! got moved from the FCH (english and history)
But the Liberal arts degree looks really cool! I think it actually suits me better....does any one know about visit days? I would like to major in english i think :smile:

I'm glad someone else is too! I'm going to reserve my final judgement until I've seen both this and my Newcastle combined honours offer at the offer holder days :smile:

Have you got the offer letter via email yet? That's where the link for the open days was, but it's next Wednesday and I think it's the last one! :O I'm annoyed it's such short notice >.>

but I agree, liberal arts probably does suit me well too :smile: I'm going to ring up tomorrow to get more info on course structure and whether I can double major (fingers crossed!) but otherwise I have no idea which I would choose to major in!
Reply 10
Yep I booked my places about two months ago chose march because the weather would be at its best. Apparently it would be about 13 degrees
Reply 11
Original post by yg95
Thank god there people going next Wednesday I thought it would be the only one there. But by the looks of this forum it looks like I might be the only male there :/

haha, well hopefully we're not the only ones who are going, otherwise the entire degree will be pretty interesting :P especially the think tanks in 'small groups'...we may be one small group all together O_O

I'm sure there are people other than those on this forum - otherwise they wouldn't even run it, would they?
Reply 12
Haha of course just had the assumption that it was not going to be a degree with a large enrolment
BTW what accommodation are you thinking of - its confusing me at the moment
Reply 13
Original post by yg95
Haha of course just had the assumption that it was not going to be a degree with a large enrolment
BTW what accommodation are you thinking of - its confusing me at the moment

yeah, I'm going to punt a guess at max 30-40 people, probably less!

I haven't even looked yet, since I haven't firmed yet :/ but I'm sure it'll confuse/stress me out when I get around to it! it seems really complicated...

I think we can go on a tour of the accommodation on weds though?
Reply 14
Yep there's a accommodation and campus tour and some two hour talk about lib arts
Reply 15
yup yup okay cool. do we have to book in to the accommodation stuff? or just roll up? and any idea what time it is? (lib arts is at 2 right?)
Reply 16
Just don't search #liberalarts on twitter. It does not look good :O
Reply 17
Yup lib arts is at 2 but you don't need to book the accommodation tour in advance but not too sire on that because the website said its available to demand but you have to book it on the day :/
Reply 18
Original post by alexh42
Just don't search #liberalarts on twitter. It does not look good :O

considering this version hasn't ever been taught before, those comments have little/nothing to do with the course we're talking about here. And they're all from america. But thanks for that -.-
Reply 19
Original post by yg95
Yup lib arts is at 2 but you don't need to book the accommodation tour in advance but not too sire on that because the website said its available to demand but you have to book it on the day :/

hmm. I'm just trying to work out what time to aim to get there, considering I have a 6 hour drive in the morning :tongue: do you think they'll run after 4pm when the lib arts finishes?

Latest

Trending

Trending