The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

MBA at Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Hi All,
I'm a new member here and this is my first post. Expecting a good guidance from you all.

I'm basically a Software Engineer and in the field of IT with 6.5 years of work experience. I would wish to do MBA in the UK and had applied to Bradford University Business School,Durham Business school and Lough borough Business school respectively. I have received offers from all the above. I have received an award of 10,000 GBP from Lough borough B school and 4,000 GBP from Durham B School. In my research,Durham MBA slightly tops the other two by making a very good brand followed with its ranking in ft and economist. I'm confused now whether to go with highest scholarship award or the most branded one.

Although UK is not gonna my destination for permanent stay, I would wish to remain and work in the UK for few years after my studies. Lough borough is helping with Tier 1 Graduate entrepreneur endorsement but that is not the case with the other two. At the same time, I want to know which Uni will help me in securing a job soon after my studies.

Please share your thoughts and give me an idea whether to proceed with Lough Borough or Durham. I must decide it in next 10 days as my offer is gonna expire with Durham soon. Please help me to decide well.

Thanks,
Viji
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by VijiSugumar
Hi All,
I'm a new member here and this is my first post. Expecting a good guidance from you all.

I'm basically a Software Engineer and in the field of IT with 6.5 years of work experience. I would wish to do MBA in the UK and had applied to Bradford University Business School,Durham Business school and Lough borough Business school respectively. I have received offers from all the above. I have received an award of 10,000 GBP from Lough borough B school and 4,000 GBP from Durham B School. In my research,Durham MBA slightly tops the other two by making a very good brand followed with its ranking in ft and economist. I'm confused now whether to go with highest scholarship award or the most branded one.

Although UK is not gonna my destination for permanent stay, I would wish to remain and work in the UK for few years after my studies. Lough borough is helping with Tier 1 Graduate entrepreneur endorsement but that is not the case with the other two. At the same time, I want to know which Uni will help me in securing a job soon after my studies.

Please share your thoughts and give me an idea whether to proceed with Lough Borough or Durham. I must decide it in next 10 days as my offer is gonna expire with Durham soon. Please help me to decide well.

Thanks,
Viji

Hi Viji

Great news on your offer at Loughborough :biggrin:

If you have any questions about studying here just let us know.

Amy
Hi Amy,
Thanks for your reply. I have already posted all my queries. Anyways, are/were you doing MBA there? If so, please tell me about the course.
Original post by VijiSugumar
Hi Amy,
Thanks for your reply. I have already posted all my queries. Anyways, are/were you doing MBA there? If so, please tell me about the course.

Hi VijiSugumar

No problem :smile:

I work at the University in the marketing department, so I don't have a personal experience of the course.

If you want some more information on the course itself it might be worth contacting the School of Business and Economics directly and they will be able to advise. You can contact them directly on [email protected] or on 01509 223647.

Hope this helps,
Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending